- WANTED: EXCEPTIONAL ALGEBRA TEACHER Do you believe every child can climb the mountain to college with the right amount of support and direction? At KIPPMessage 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2006View Source
WANTED: EXCEPTIONAL ALGEBRA TEACHER
Do you believe every child can climb the mountain to college with the right amount of support and direction? At KIPP Summit Academy , all students will learn. KIPP Summit Academy (KSA), a college preparatory, Title I, charter middle school in San Lorenzo, CA (just outside of Oakland), empowers students to build academic and moral skills to become agents of social change who will succeed in high schools, colleges, and the global community.
At KIPP Summit Academy , we define ourselves by our commitment to learning and the high academic and behavioral standards we hold for every member of our learning community. We have built a “team and family” centered culture based on clear, school-wide expectations for student behavior and a commitment to embodying four core values: excellence, teamwork, curiosity, and integrity.
KSA is currently looking to hire an exceptional 8th grade algebra teacher who is willing to do whatever it takes to get our students on a college preparatory track for life. Our students have worked extremely hard over the past 3+ years to close the achievement gap and, according to our most recent standardized test scores, 78% are at or above grade level in math. Therefore, we are looking for an addition to our “team and family” that will educate our 8th graders at an extremely high level and inspire them that math is life.
· Maintain high standards for academic achievement
· Motivate and engage students with dynamic, well-planned lessons
· Collaborate with team members
· Maintain high standards for behavior
· Do whatever it takes to help students learn
· Establish and maintain constant communication with parents
· Model constant learning
· Exemplify dedication and confidence
· B.A. or B.S. degree
· At least two years teaching experience in mathematics
· CA credential - or - progress toward receiving credential by the end of 2007
· Curriculum development and design
· Commitment to teaching historically underserved students
Desired (but not essential) Experience:
· Prior experience teaching algebra
Please send your resume to principal Cathy Cowan : ccowan@....
KIPP Summit Academy offers competitive benefits and salary based on experience and qualifications. The salary will account for the longer school day.
KIPP Summit Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
KIPP Summit Academy
2005 Via Barrett
San Lorenzo, CA 94580