- New Charter High School Seeks Director to Launch School If you ve dreamed of creating an unique place, where high school students reach their full academicMessage 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2001View Source
New Charter High School Seeks Director
New Charter High School
Seeks Director to Launch School
If you've dreamed of creating an unique place, where high school students reach their full academic potential in a supportive environment that values developing good citizens for an ever more global world, we invite you to become part of our team. The search committee for a new charter high school is looking for a passionate and energetic leader to join in creating a small public high school with a diverse student population.
Located 45-minutes south of San Francisco, the school will open in September 2002 with its first freshmen class of 100, and will grow over four years to serve 400 students grades 9-12. The new Director must have experience in secondary school development and leadership, and demonstrate that they can:
· Contribute to and articulate the vision of the school to students, families, teachers and staff
· Recruit and lead, collaboratively, a strong team of educators
· Facilitate the design of school programs and policies in line with the core principles of the school
· Work with a diverse student population and parent organization
· Develop and manage all administrative processes
If you are interested in being in the forefront of California educational reform, please send a cover letter with references to: Suzanne Vuko, Community High School, 108 Portola Rd., suite #135, Portola Valley, Ca., 94028, email Suzanne at suzvuko@... or check out our web site at www.localhighschool.com <file://www.localhighschool.com>.
· 7-10 years teaching and administrative experience at a secondary-education level
· M.A. or E.D.D.; Administrative Credential or equivalent preferred
Compensation will be competitive. Start date Winter 2001.