- Director of Corporate Sponsorships GreatSchools.net is the premier online source for K-12 schools information. As a nonprofit Internet start-up based inMessage 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2001View Source
GreatSchools.net hiring Director of Corporate Sponsorships
Director of Corporate Sponsorships
GreatSchools.net is the premier online source for K-12 schools information. As a nonprofit Internet start-up based in downtown San Francisco, we are funded primarily by foundations and corporate sponsors. GreatSchools.net provides parents with information to help them choose schools for their children, track their school's performance, support their children's education, and solve school-related problems.
GreatSchools.net is enjoying major increases in traffic and visibility thanks to co-brand distribution partnerships with several of the leading regional websites (e.g., latimes.com; azcentral.com). We are seeking an experienced sales professional to lead our efforts to increase revenues from corporate sponsorships and advertisers.
The Director of Corporate Sponsorships will be responsible for identifying, recruiting, and retaining corporate sponsors and advertisers on a national, state, and regional level. This account executive will be expected to effectively present the value and benefits of serving as a corporate sponsor of GreatSchools.net. Target customers include major national companies that sell products and services to K-12 parents, as well as high-tech companies that support education and school improvement. This position will report to the VP of Business Development.
- Sell Internet sponsorships and online advertising to Internet Brand Managers and Advertising Directors of major companies.
- Perform all activities associated with the sales cycle (prospecting, presenting, closing, renewing and servicing accounts).
- Work with Marketing and Business Development teams to develop and present information to target customers.
- Minimum three years of applicable sales experience, including prospecting and cold calling for lead generation.
- Demonstrated success in closing large-dollar contracts with major corporate clients.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience selling online sponsorships, ads, and/or services desirable.
- Experience in relationship building and account management.
- Experience managing a large prospect and client base.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and high degree of integrity.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience.
Competitive compensation package, including base salary plus commission. Medical and dental benefits, plus retirement plan.
Application: Please send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to jobs@... with "Sponsorships" in the subject line. Diversity welcomed.