KIPP Bridge College Prep is a college preparatory public middle school located
in West Oakland. The school is looking for talented and passionate leaders to
join the school as classroom teachers. These individuals will work with an
exceptional team to ensure that every student develops the academic knowledge,
skills, and character traits necessary to achieve success in the finest high
schools and colleges, and the competitive world beyond. KIPP students benefit
from a rigorous academic program centered on high expectations that includes an
extended school day and school year. The success of the schools program has
allowed it to become the highest performing middle school within the Oakland
Unified School District.
The following teaching positions are available for the 2006-2007 school year:
7th/8th Grade English-Language Arts, 7th/8th Grade Math, 5th/6th Grade Science,
5th/6th Social Studies, 5th Grade Writing, and 6th Grade Writing. These
positions will require a single-subject teaching credential (or a multi-subject
credential with a single subject certification). If your specialty/interest
lies in another subject/grade area, please do not hesitate to contact the
school to inquire about other teaching opportunities as more may arise. Please
contact David Ling, Principal at dling@...
or (510) 453-1637 with
KIPP Bridge College Prep Teachers:
- Maintain high standards for academic achievement
- Challenge and engage students with well-planned lessons
- Commit to the learning of all students
- Treat all individuals with respect
- Work collaboratively with others
- Establish and maintain constant communication with parents
- Exhibit the dedication and desire to continually improve as educators
- At least two years of full-time, K-12 teaching experience
- Valid teaching credential (single subject or a multi-subject credential with
a single subject certification)
- Commitment to working with underserved students
KIPP Bridge College Prep offers a competitive salary commensurate with
qualifications and experience (all based on the Oakland Unified School
Districts salary scale). Teachers will receive benefits and will also be
compensated for the longer school day, week, and year.
Submit a cover letter and resume to David Ling, Principal, KIPP Bridge College
Prep via email (dling@...
) or fax (510-879-3182). Positions will be
filled on a rolling basis; applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around