Job Openings: Teachers, KIPP SF Bay Academy (SF)
Teachers Wanted at KIPP SF Bay Academy!
Are you a highly effective educator who wants to work with others who are effective, thoughtful, and dedicated? Are you a teacher who dreams of working with a dynamic team of educators to help build an excellent school for underserved students? Are you an educator who believes one way to fight poverty is college? Are you willing to do whatever it takes to make success the norm? If you answered yes to all of these questions and have at least two years of teaching experience, email your resume right away!
We are a free college prep middle school in the Western Addition community in our third year of existence. We currently serve students in grades 5, 6, and 7. Next year we will serve students in grades 5-8. We are searching for a highly effective, motivated educator to join our incredible staff.
We are currently searching for team members to teach 8th grade English and 8th grade Science. We are also looking for a part-time Spanish teacher.
Joining our school in only our 4th year of existence will give you many opportunities develop your leadership skills. You will not only have a tremendous impact on students' lives, but you will also greatly impact the school's culture as the school is in its infancy. The positions are intense but the rewards are enormous. Our students have already begun showing huge progress.
Please send your resume right away to Lydia Glassie, Principal: lglassie@....
KIPP teachers are responsible for delivering effective, high-quality, rigorous instruction in their content areas that produces unmatched results and student understanding. Teachers will perform additional duties and do whatever it takes for all KIPP students to learn.
Teaching Hours at KIPP SF Bay Academy
- Weekday hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday school is held twice a month, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Summer school is held for 3 weeks during August.
Teachers are required to:
- Believe deeply in the mission and values of KIPP and subscribe to KIPP's Five Pillars (review on www.kipp.org)
- Hold high expectations for each student
- Possess a strong knowledge of content area
- Demonstrate strong pedagogy
- Implement the school-wide student management policies within classrooms and everywhere on campus
- Exhibit positive rapport with students
- Create and teach challenging and engaging lessons linked to state standards
- Create and foster a positive learning environment
- Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all parents
- Be available for Open Houses, Parent-Teacher Conferences and other events ivolving parents
- Attend all staff meetings
- Assist in development of curriculum standards and mapping
- Assist with bus, lunch, and detention duties
- Teach non-core classes as needed
- Maintain a neat, clean classroom environment and a professional personal appearance
- Plan and implement co-curricular and extracurricular activities for students
- Organize and conduct school functions and field trips, both in and out of state
- Serve on school committees as needed
- Perform clerical duties required with textbooks, instructional supplies, student reports and records, attendance reports, etc.
- Remain on call in the evenings (via school cell phone) to provide student support
- Pass a criminal background check, as required by law
- Know that all kids can learn
- Believe that college is one way to fight poverty
Qualifications for teaching posts at KIPP SF Bay Academy:
* At least two years of teaching experiences (Required)
* Bachelors degree (Required)
* Experience/strength in content area (Preferred)
* State teaching credential (Required)
* Willingness to work towards state teaching credential (Required)
* Commitment to working with underserved students (Required)
* Commitment to the design and development of the school (Required)
* Facility in Spanish (Preferred)
* Experience teaching in a public middle school (Preferred)
* Experience teaching in an urban school (Preferred)
* Be California credentialed by fall 2006
* Have taught in a low income community for at least two years
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Joining our school in only our fourth year of existence will give you many opportunities develop your leadership skills. You will not only have a tremendous impact on students' lives, but you will also greatly impact the school's culture.