The Learning Company Seeks Marketing Coordinator
- Following is a job description for a Marketing Coordinator in the School
Division at The Learning Company, based in Novato, CA. This is an exciting
opportunity for an individual who wants to further develop his/her skills in
marketing to education institutions.
Please send a cover letter and resume directly to:
Channel Marketing Manager
Accountable for support and assistance in the creation and implementation of
direct and reseller marketing programs for all School Sales software titles.
Reports to Channel Marketing Manager.
1. Coordinate and implement various marketing campaigns for both direct
and reseller channels .
2. General channel marketing support: schedule and track sell sheets,
direct mail, advertisements, catalogs, and other promotional materials.
Generate and submit purchase requests for projects based on quotes from
outside vendors. Receive and distribute promotional pieces upon arrival.
3. Maintain invoice/vendor files.
3. Coordinate direct marketing programs and channel promotions-work
closely with Customer
Support/Operations, Creative Services, and Sales
departments, as well as outside vendors such as direct response agencies and
4. Work with Purchasing dept. to receive quotes from outside vendors
for various projects. Provide Purchasing with accurate specifications for
5. Participate in design concepts and collateral marketing materials,
for both the direct and
reseller channels. Coordinate work with design and
production vendors as necessary.
6. Some special projects as needed.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
1. Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years related experience.
2. Ability to manage multiple projects across varying product lines and
3. Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
4. Dependable follow through and initiative.
5. Strong communication and organization skills.
6. Knowledge of design and print production process helpful, but not
7. Ability to create spreadsheets and other reports using Excel, and