[bayarea-edupreneurs] Job Opportunity with New Schools Venture Fund
- Title: New Schools Venture Fund Fellow
The New Schools Fund is a non-profit venture fund using a new approach
to improve K-12 public education----investing in and supporting
The New Schools Fund was founded by venture capitalists and technology
entrepreneurs, and operates like a traditional venture capital fund
with the exception that it invests in both for-profit and non-profit
ventures. New Schools invests in ventures that are scalable,
sustainable, have a direct impact on student achievement and are
working to fundamentally improve K-12 public education. New Schools is
also creating a strong community among education entrepreneurs.
Please visit our web site at www.newschools.org to learn more about the
New Schools Fund.
The New Schools Fund seeks a six-month full-time fellow to assist with
key strategic projects. The fellowship would begin in January 2000.
The fellow will be assigned to one or more education entrepreneurial
ventures that New Schools is working with. The project will be in one
of the following areas: charter schools, school leadership or teacher
recruitment and retention.
Specific responsibilities of the position include but are not limited
· Strategic industry mapping including barriers to entry and
· Business plan development
· Identification of key success factors and key risks, including risk
mitigation strategy and models/strategies that are working
· Hands-on support to education entrepreneurial ventures
· Create white paper on selected topic
· Contribution to support of New Schools organization
· Understands and can function with integrity in both business and
· Passionate about the opportunity to improve education through
· Strong analytical skills; strategic thinker
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational and time management skills, able to succeed in
fast paced environment, self motivated, detail oriented
· Ability to mange the ambiguity and conflicting priorities inherent in
an entrepreneurial environment
· MBA preferred
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
New Schools is an equal opportunity employer. People of color are
encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and 1 page cover letter
via e-mail to:
Ldaggs@... NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 15th.