Job Opening: The Learning Company School Division
- All -
Below is a job description for a Product Marketing Manager to manage
the Solutions Products in the Education Division at the Learning
Company. This is an incredible opportunity for that unique person who
has experience in: K-12 education, marketing and technology. Please
forward to any bright, motivated, strategic thinkers - if you fit
that description, please send a cover letter and resume directly to:
Director of Marketing
JOB: Group Product Marketing Manager, Solutions Products
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
SUMMARY: The overall responsibility of this position is to manage
and lead Solutions marketing programs for a group of TLC School
products. The position must work collaboratively with marketing,
sales, development and operations groups to bring to market
appropriate products and offerings. Key elements of the position
include: develop product strategies, collecting and analyzing
customer research data, creating product proposals, specifications
and business cases for potential offerings; generating creative
platforms, positioning statements and product marketing plans for
approved offerings; coordinating schedules with all departments for
timely launches of new products; supervising creation of product
packaging and initial collateral; developing offering strategies;
tracking and forecasting market data including sales histories, sales
forecasts, and competitive information; and managing product life
cycles. Success in this position depends on the ability of the GPMM
to coordinate the work of internal and external resources and staff
in sales, marketing, development and operations to plan and implement
product offerings. The GPMM is also responsible for defining,
managing and tracking project schedules and program budgets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Setting team goals and objectives, defining and managing
projects and developing, implementing and monitoring strategic and
· Coordinate all efforts to bring new Group Products and
offerings to market including customer and market research, product
specifications, scheduling, packaging, pricing, positioning,
promoting and introductory activities.
· Create the overall marketing message and positioning for
Group Products and programs, using customer and sales staff input.
Work with the Channel Marketing group to ensure consistency of Group
Product messages and offerings in marketing materials catalogs,
demo CD-ROMS, etc. Advocate for appropriate promotions of all Group
· Direct product life-cycle activities including sales tracking
and forecasting, product update plans, and product withdrawal plans.
· Coordinate review and integration of 3rd party products
related to managed product category.
· Responsible for establishing and controlling annual and
· Develop training material for all products in the group and
deliver training to internal staff, field sales personnel, resellers,
distributors and other channel sellers as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to those individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Master's degree in Marketing, Communications, Education or
related field, or an equivalent combination of education and
experience in product marketing, sales, product development.
marketing communications development and education.
· Minimum of 5-7 years of progressively responsible work
experience in a marketing or education function.
· Minimum 3 5 years experience in marketing focused on
educational technology, elementary and secondary education markets or
teaching, experience in reading preferred.
· Excellent communications skills, verbal and written
· Demonstrated ability to create, implement and evaluate
product marketing programs and materials in the educational
· Demonstrated ability to interpret customer data and market
data in order to direct product offering strategies
· Strong interpersonal communications and team-building skills
including diplomacy in facilitating/coordinating and leading ongoing
· Demonstrated ability to use standard business software
· Must be a self-starter, able to identify and respond to
emerging problems or opportunities and design and implement
· Demonstrated strength in administering budgets, managing
people directly and coordinating efforts of staff from other
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced
· Ability to set priorities and manage conflicting resources
This job is performed in a standard office environment