Dean of Instruction at LEAD Public Schools in Nashville, TN
JOB TITLE: DEAN OF INSTRUCTION
CAMPUS: BRICK CHURCH COLLEGE PREP
REPORTS TO: SCHOOL DIRECTOR
JOB GOAL: The Dean of Instruction (DOI) will drive outstanding academic results by providing support and guidance to teachers to strengthen instruction and assisting the School Director in ensuring that all teachers are highly effective. The DOI will provide leadership on issues of curriculum, assessment, instruction, and staff development, and as such, is accountable for school level performance measures such as NWEA growth, TCAP proficiency rates and value-added scores.
-Bachelor's Degree from an accredited educational institution. Master's from an accredited educational institution preferred.
-Experience: At least four years of exemplary teaching required; the ideal candidate will have closer to 8-10 years of school level experience. Previous instructional leadership experience required. Experience in administration and/ or supervision preferred.
-Proficient in Excel. Experience analyzing data required. Experience coordinating testing preferred.
-Belief in the LEAD mission of developing responsible citizens who will graduate and be accepted to a 4-Year College or University
MAJOR PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Provide leadership as a member of a collaborative team to ensure that curriculum and instructional initiatives are student focused and aligned with the school's mission and beliefs and school goals and improvement plans.
· Exercise proactive leadership in promoting the vision and mission of the school to the staff, student, parents, and outside community.
· Assist in and provide input to determine strategic objectives for LEAD Public Schools as they relate to the implementation of the academic program.
· Assist School Director in ensuring outstanding instructional quality in all classes by:
o Observing classroom instruction teachers, as identified by the School Director at least once per month.
o Conducting pre- and post-observation conferences with teachers within one week of scheduled observation.
o Providing both oral and written feedback to teachers about their classroom performance.
o Conferencing with teachers about instructional planning and assessment.
o Working with School Director and Grade Level Chairs to develop action plans for teachers to facilitate constant learning and growth.
o Working with School Director and Grade Level Chairs to develop growth plans for teachers who do not meet performance standards.
· Assist the School Director in managing instructional staff, including providing input into growth plans and summative evaluations.
Data and Assessment
· Oversee and implement RTI (response to intervention) program.
· Coordinate the school's testing programs at the district, state and national level.
· Align instruction and support to data results.
· Help teachers use assessment data to improve the quality and scope of their instruction.
· Support data-decision making by providing assessment analysis throughout the year. Prepare academic data analysis for internal and external stakeholders.
· Plan and deliver instructional training modules and staff development workshops to campus teachers during weekly professional development sessions, as well as during select professional development days throughout the school year.
· Assist individual members of instructional staff in developing professional growth/plans, setting realistic improvement goals, and attending professional conferences/workshops as time and funds allow.
· Work with Instructional Coaches to provide targeted support.
· Serve as Acting School Director when School Director is not on campus.
· Schedule and cohort students.
This is a full-time position. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and includes full benefits, technology provisions and mileage reimbursement.
To apply, please complete an online application through Applitrack at http://www.applitrack.com/leadacademy/onlineapp/default.aspx?all=1.
No phone calls please.--