Job Opening: Coordinator I Literacy and Intervention, Milpitas Unified
Title: Coordinator I Literacy and Intervention
About Milpitas Unified School District:
MUSD is a public school system with an entrepreneurial spirit. Our innovative school leaders strive to support pioneering efforts in creating learning models that fit the needs of our students and teachers. Our top priority is to implement an instructional vision that enables teachers to integrate a pedagogy that encompasses project based learning, cognitive organizers, blended learning, and the 4 Cs (collaboration, creativity, communication, and critical thinking) in such a way that our students are successful in achieving the common core state standards. Our team of transformative educators is one that welcomes leaders who thrive on innovation that will change the world of education for our students.
The Coordinator I of Literacy and Intervention is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the district literacy and intervention programs for students in grades TK/K to 12. This person supports and fosters a district early literacy program that develops literacy coaches and mentors. The coordinator provides technical support and assistance in professional development services.
· California Administrative Services Credential.
· Minimum of 5 years classroom teaching experience.
· Reading Specialist Credential, graduate work or formal training in literacy preferred.
· Skilled in leadership and building strong collaborative relationships with teachers and administrators.
· Ability to provide professional development to administrators, teachers and staff.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Analytical and interpretative skills in researching regulations and information about literacy and interventions.
· Skilled in applying data to plan for professional development and support of classroom teachers in building literacy strategies and interventions for student achievement.
· Knowledge of Curriculum design, planning, development, implementation and evaluation.
· Develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate K-12 literacy and intervention programs; recommend appropriate action plans based on data analysis of interventions.
· Coordinate support for teachers new to TK/K-3 instruction.
· Develop and support cohort of language and literacy master teachers to support MUSD early literacy efforts.
· Coordinate technical support assistance in literacy in collaboration with the Directors and Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services.
· Work directly with schools to align goals of site intervention programs, K-12, to district adopted programs and supplementary materials available to address the needs of the at-risk student.
· Gather information about effective practices throughout the district, and assist and support the implementation of a data collection system, analysis of data, and development of an action plan based on this analysis.
· Assist the Directors and Assistant Superintendent of Ed. Services to oversee program development to meet community, school and legislative needs.
· Design and implement professional development connected to the district's standards-based, comprehensive literacy program and intervention programs for teachers and administrators.
Salary: $97,772 - $110,795
Work year: 203 days
Please go to the link below to submit an application: