Job Opening: Donor Relations Manager, NewSchools Venture Fund: Oakland, CA
POSITION: Donor Relations Manager
ORGANIZATION: NewSchools Venture Fund
REPORTS TO: Chief Advancement Officer
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to developmentrecruitment@... as soon as possible.
NewSchools is a non-profit venture philanthropy firm foundedin 1998 to transform K-12 education through entrepreneurship. NewSchools finds and invests in educationentrepreneurs who expand the boundaries of what can be achieved for studentsfrom low-income communities. We seek entrepreneurs with the vision and capacityto build companies that will scale to serve millions of students, teachers, orschools. In addition to financial resources, we provide hands-on support byserving on governance boards, advising on strategic issues, and making vitalconnections to partners, customers, and funders. To fund our work, we raisephilanthropic dollars from donors who share our belief that entrepreneurs canchange public education.
Pleasevisit our website at www.newschools.org to learn more aboutNewSchools.
Thisfull-time, Oakland-based position at New Schools Venture Fund (NSVF) reports tothe Chief Advancement Officer and is responsible for collaborating with thefundraising team to raise philanthropic dollars for NewSchools Summit, specificfunds, and/or the overall work of NSVF. One of the successful candidate'sprimary responsibilities will be to secure funding for NewSchools' annualSummit conference in collaboration with the NewSchools Summit team. Inaddition, the successful candidate will cultivate relationships with individualand institutional funders, manage small- to large-scale fundraising events, andprovide excellent stewardship to current NewSchools donors.
· Workclosely with the development team on our annual campaign to raise corporate andfoundation support for NewSchools Summit, an annual conference that convenes1,000 leaders in education.
· Serveas primary staff liaison to all Summit sponsors: work closely with sponsorrepresentatives and the NewSchools Summit team to craft effective partnershipsaround Summit content and events and provide excellent customer servicethroughout the planning and execution of the conference.
· Researchand cultivate corporate and foundation donors to support NewSchools' full rangeof activities.
· Projectmanage, create and/or edit written materials, including proposals, reports andother donor communications.
· Supportthe Chief Advancement Officer and Director of Investor Relations in sourcingnew donors and prepping for solicitation meetings.
· Managefundraising events, including planning program, presentations, and logistics.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Provenability to work with corporate sponsors, sophisticated philanthropists,foundations, volunteers, investors, or similar constituencies.
· Outstandingverbal and written communication skills.
· Interestin and passion for education reform.
· Abilityto learn quickly and desire to learn continually.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities,simultaneously.
· Comfortworking in a collegial and collaborative environment in which effectiveinternal communication is highly valued.
· Computerliteracy; must have experience with Microsoft Office, and ideally, Salesforce.
· Musthave the ability to evaluate problems accurately and display good, sound, andconfidential judgment.
· Mustbe highly organized, patient, detail-oriented, and efficient.
· Mustbe collaborative, conscientious, and results-oriented.
· Willingnessto travel, as needed, to meet with donors and prospects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor'sdegree required.
· 3-5years' experience in fundraising and administration or related transferableexperience preferred. Demonstrated success in annual or corporate fundraising,or applicable experience highly valued.
A competitivecompensation package including base salary, opportunity for performance bonus,and complete benefits is available.
NewSchoolsVenture Fund is an equal opportunity employer.