Content Writer - ELA
IXL's upcoming language arts product
will help students master spelling, grammar, and vocabulary like
never before. Students' abilities will soar as they interact with
engaging texts, correct grammatical errors, and decode new words
in a variety of contexts.
An engaging language arts product requires engaging language--and
that's where you come in.
We are looking for creative, motivated Content Writers to join our
Content Development team. In this role, you will work closely with
Product Analysts and Content Editors to write fun,
elegantly-crafted language arts items for grades 2-6. This is a
part-time contract position (20-30 hours per week) with the
opportunity to work remotely.
- Write sentences and paragraphs for use in a wide variety of
problem types, including fill-in-the-blank, proofreading, and
- Create dictionary definitions for spelling and vocabulary
- Brainstorm topics for imaginative, age-appropriate sentences
- Format content according to guidelines.
- Accept and implement feedback from editors and revise items
- BA/BS degree.
- Demonstrated expertise in ELA content development for grades
- Extremely strong writing ability and grammar knowledge.
- Clear, engaging writing style.
- Strong understanding of elementary students reading and
- Strong critical-thinking, research, and problem-solving
- Ability to be efficient and organized while working on
multiple projects simultaneously.
IXL Learning is an educational technology company like no other.
We develop dramatically innovative, first-of-their-kind products
used by millions of learners, from children to adults. Our IXL
product (located at IXL.com) is the world's most popular
subscription-based learning site for K-12. Our other products
include Quia Web, the original 'create-your-own' website for
teachers, and Quia Books, the leading online platform for
This is a part-time, contract position.
We are accepting applications from both freelancers who can work
on-site (San Mateo, CA) AND freelancers who will need to work
Please apply here:
Direct 650.372.4332 | Main 650.372.4040 | Fax 650.372.4072
777 Mariners Island Blvd., Suite 600
San Mateo, California 94404