Job Opening: College Success Manager, First Graduate- SF, CA
First Graduate works to transform San Francisco by helpingstudents finish high school, become the first in their families to graduatefrom college and launch trailblazing careers. By providing aninnovative college success pipeline for motivated students, we work to changethe academic and economic trajectory of our communities. First Graduate envisionsa future in which all families in San Francisco and beyond can establish acollege-going tradition.
First Graduate makes a 10-year commitment to studentsand families beginning the summer after sixth grade and continuing through thecompletion of college. We address the unique needs of first-generation studentsand shepherd them through the completion of key benchmarks along the path tosuccess through a comprehensive set of services including individualized casemanagement, academic instruction and tutoring, high school and collegecounseling, mentoring, family engagement, and career development.
The College Success Manager(CSM) plays a critical role in achieving First Graduate's mission of helpingstudents become the first in their families to graduate from college. The CSM guidesand coaches aspiring first generation students in their achievement of collegepersistence and academic and career development goals, and ultimately towardgraduating from college ready to launch meaningful careers. The CSM implements FirstGraduate's college success strategy, acts as content expert, and provides ongoingevaluation of the strategy and its outcomes. Additionally, s/he is responsiblefor working with students to secure and manage optimal financial aid packages. TheCSM maintains close relationships with college students, key universityliaisons, key internships providers, and a team of College Success volunteers.
Program Planning and Implementation
· Ensure the efficient and effectiveimplementation of First Graduate's College Success strategy (focusing on collegepersistence, academic goal achievement, financial aid counseling & support,career development, and parent engagement)
· Work closely with the Director of StrategicPartnerships to monitor and assess the effectiveness of the College Successstrategy and to facilitate changes to program design as necessary
· Monitor student persistence & academicachievement through regular communication with students, campus visits andtranscript reviews
· Counsel and coach students through the processof transitioning to college life and accessing resources on campus at eachstage of student's college development
· Manage First Graduate's scholarshipapplication and scholarship award process
· Work with the College Prep team to guidethe transition to college process for high school seniors
· Createand implement career development activities; Cultivate summer internshipopportunities for college students
· Collect and maintain college student data;Generate and analyze periodic outcome reports
Partnerships & Volunteers
· Work with the Volunteer Engagement Managerto cultivate a team of skilled volunteers to support college students' careerdevelopment
· Work with the Director of StrategicPartnerships to develop and maintain organizational partnerships that createopportunities for students
· Spearhead the development of college anduniversity partnerships focused on admissions and career development support
· Bachelors Degree required; Graduate degreepreferred
· Direct service experience with youth ofdiverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
· Knowledge of college admissions andfinancial aid landscape
· Experience in program design, planning andimplementation a plus
· Ability to work well with college students,university administrators and corporate representatives
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent written and verbal communicationskills
· Proven organizational and time-management skills
· Fluency in Spanish and/or Cantonesepreferred
· Focus on excellence
· Student-focused mindset
· Strong and inspiring leader
· Self-motivated; Entrepreneurial spirit
· Demonstrated belief in First Graduate'smission and values
· Current California driver's license withclean driving record
· All potential employees are required tosuccessfully pass a criminal background check via fingerprinting
· Salary commensurate with experience
· Excellent benefits package, including fullmedical, dental/vision and 403(b)
Please send coverletter and resume to:
Laura Brief,Director of Strategic Partnerships
*Please indicatein your cover letter how you heard about this opportunity.
No phone calls please.
Deadlinefor submission of application is May 31, 2013.
For more information about First Graduateplease visit www.firstgraduate.org .