Job Opening: Communications Manager, Envision Education
- Communications ManagerEnvision EducationEnvision Education is seeking a Communications Manager to manage all aspects of the organization's communications, outreach, and marketing strategies.Essential Responsibilities:
Reports to:Director of DevelopmentKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Provide insight, direction, and project planning around long and short-term communications, marketing, and outreach strategies. Develop and implement communications and marketing plans to accomplish organizational goals
- Provide ongoing stewardship of Envision's brand and work to ensure that messaging is aligned across Envision Education, Envision Learning Partners, and our schools.
- Manage external developers, designers, consultants, and other vendors as needed to produce collateral, maintain websites, and otherwise support branding and communications projects
- Oversee website maintenance for Envision Education, Envision Learning Partners, and each Envision school, and ensure that content is fresh and relevant
- Create and post content for social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Analyze web and social media traffic and make data-driven decisions about how to best utilize these online communications tools
- Maintain the Envision Education quarterly newsletter. Develop stories, draft copy, and format newsletters in our E-newsletter program, Constant Contact
- Draft and edit copy for collateral pieces, press releases, blog posts, presentations, websites, and other Envision-related materials
- Create, or oversee the creation of, communications and marketing materials
- Manage Envision Education's asset libraries and respond to internal and external requests for photos, videos, logos, etc
- Work closely with the Envision schools and with Envision Learning Partners to ensure that important news and events are shared with the public and our constituents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record in generating engaged users/readers with social media, web, and online communications tools
- Strong strategic planning and project management skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Wordpress, and social media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter with a proven ability to meet and complete multiple tasks with solid deadlines
- Flexible, people-oriented team player
Application and hiring process:To apply, please upload a resume and cover letter via www.envisionschools.org/applyThis position is located at our Support Office in Oakland.As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.About Envision Education:Envision Education transforms the lives of studentsespecially those who will be first in their family to attend collegeby preparing them for success in college, in careers, and in life.Vibrant learning communities apply compassion and high expectations to inspire and empower students. Our approach is specifically designed to increase student engagement, deepen integration and understanding, promote active learning, and ensure college success. Envision further distinguishes its campuses with: Economic, ethnic, and racial diversity, Rigorous academic discipline, and Excellence at every level.More information can be found at www.envisionschools.org
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 2-4 years related experience, preferably in a non-profit setting.