Job Opening: Teachers & Tutors, Myers Learning Center (MLC) in Silicon Valley
- Meyers Learning Center (MLC) is a premiere academic tutoring company twice
awarded "Best Learning Center in Silicon Valley" by Bay Area Parent Magazine.
MLC specializes in teaching Time Management, Organizational, and Study Skills,
standardized test preparation (SAT, ISEE, AP), and subject-specific tutoring.
▪ We seek excellent elementary, middle, and high school, part-time
contract teachers/tutors interested in tutoring opportunities located from
Atherton to San Jose (majority in Los Altos, Palo Alto, Mountain View). Tutoring
sessions happen at students' homes or an alternative mutually agreed-upon
▪ MLC tutors receive resource support for MLC's Time Management,
Organizational, and Study Skills curriculum.
▪ Experience with various learning challenges preferred.
▪ You must be a subject matter expert with experience teaching in at least
one academic area: language arts, math and/or standardized test
preparation--SAT/ACT/HSPT/ISEE or AP exams (we do not provide training in
REQUIREMENTS: APPLICANTS MUST MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED
FOR THIS POSITION.
▪ Completed Bachelor's degree
▪ Teaching credential + 2 yrs. teaching experience OR 5 years or more
teaching/tutoring experience without credential
▪ Passion for teaching and learning
▪ Impeccable time management & organization skills
▪ Ability to communicate effectively and compellingly
▪ Reliable transportation and willingness to travel
▪ Easy access to and proficiency with internet, email, electronic
▪ Excellent references
▪ Must pass background check
▪ Part-time (5-20 hrs per week) independent contractor
▪ $30 - $45 per 50-minute session ($36 - $54 per hour), commensurate with
experience. Typical session is 50 minutes. Rate includes session notes, travel,
and communication time.
▪ Positive work environment and support
We are a small company with very high standards. We only hire the best, and we
expect the best. This is reflected in our pay-scale. Please do not apply if you
are not a serious candidate with very high standards for professional
Only SERIOUS inquiries need apply. Send cover letter describing how you're a
strong fit for our organization, along with a resume outlining your relevant
experience and education to ali@.... Please ensure that you meet
our requirements (listed above) and follow the noted instructions. We look
forward to hearing from you.