Job Opening: Reading Partners seeks a Regional Executive Director - Sacramento, CA Region
Reading Partners is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to be the Regional Executive Director (RED) in Sacramento/Chico, CA Region. S/he will oversee programs serving 7-10 elementary schools, lead a program, development, and administrative staff of 10-12 people, and have bottom line fiscal responsibility and partnership development for the region.
The ideal candidate is a social entrepreneur who has deep connections to the K-5 educational and/or non-profit sector, state/local officials and philanthropic leaders who can accelerate Reading Partners regional program expansion.
- The RED reports to the Executive Director of Field Operations.
- This position will work closely with the RP regional boards in specific sites as well as with the national board of directors.
Executive Leadership and Fund Development
- Serve as the overall executive manager of field operations within the region, with responsibility for leading staff through training, implementation of launch and growth plans for sites.
- Work with the national office to set fund development goals in alignment with the regional launch plan and ensure that these goals are consistently met or exceeded.
- Provide executive oversight of all program operations, ensuring their compliance with national standards of program quality and efficacy in advancing RP’s organizational mission.
- Work with the national office to set fund development goals in alignment with the regional plan and ensure that these goals are consistently met or exceeded.
- Partner with the RP national office to execute a rigorous program monitoring and evaluation system designed to provide the highest levels of quality assurance.
- Oversee all business functions (accounting, HR, IT, legal, etc.) with the highest degree of professional standards in cooperation with the national office.
- Build organizational infrastructure and capacity to support future growth.
- Build and lead a high-caliber staff of program, development, and operations professionals.
- Oversee professional development and management training for regional staff, upholding RP’s culture of continuous improvement and employee advancement.
- Engage and manage relationships with elected officials and public sector partners (municipal, school board, state and district staff for Congressional offices) to support advancement of Reading Partners as a key partner in the educational system in the region.
- Support RP's role in the policy dialogue around literacy, education and national service.
- Increase organizational visibility and profile in local media markets through the successful implementation of a regional communications plan.
- Serve as primary local public spokesperson for RP, acting as the public face of the organization within the region.
- Create and lead a broad coalition of nonprofit, for-profit, and governmental entities to work together to affect students’ reading success.
Competitive Salary. This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position with generous benefit package.