Job Opening: Business Office Assistant
University Heights Charter School (www.uhcs-newark.org), a high performing charter school growing to grades P-8 in Newark, NJ, seeks a dynamic, proactive team member as Business Office Assistant to provide critical support to the business operations of our school so we can deliver the best educational program possible for all of our scholars. The Business Office Assistant will be responsible for supporting the School Business Administrator in all finance areas such as budgeting, accounting, financial planning, and procurement. He/she will prepare, process and maintain files for purchase orders from initial request to delivery to payment; analyze financial data to keep track of important accounts and answer management queries; maintain all record-keeping of our food service; and develop and administer data collection tools to capture all necessary data for state compliance reports. As new opportunities arise, the Business Office Assistant will also have the chance to work on special projects that align with the skills and qualifications required for this role
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, preferably from a business related field.
- A solutions oriented mindset around setting ambitious goals, and meeting tight deadlines
- Able to effectively communicate with all community stakeholders, including staff, students, parents and vendors.
- Interest in data analysis, work processes, project management and Microsoft Excel
- Competence in the use of a computer and knowledge of office-related software programs.
- Able to maintain confidentiality as required.
- Excitement about working in a nonprofit school and eager for opportunities to work with students and teachers.
- Successfully completes required criminal history check and has proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- New Jersey Residency.
The employee will report to the School Business Administrator and will be a 12-month employee, with salary based on qualifications.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to Karen Johnson, School Business Administrator, at kjohnson@....