Job Opening: Strategic Project Manager, Beyond 12 (San Francisco)
Title: Strategic Project Manager (SPM)
Reports to: Director of Strategy & Operations
Employment Status: Full-Time (Consulting contract leading to a full-time position)
Beyond 12 is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to increase the number of low-income, first generation, and historically underrepresented students who graduate from our nation’s colleges and universities. Through an innovative technology platform and a student coaching service, Beyond 12 helps high schools and colleges connect with and support their students to ensure they earn a postsecondary degree. Beyond 12’s vision is that one day every student who enrolls in college will be prepared to handle the rigors of higher education and will earn a degree that provides them with meaningful economic and personal prospects.
Beyond 12 is seeking a dynamic, talented and entrepreneurial team member who is interested in making a difference in the lives of students from underserved backgrounds. The Strategic Project Manager (SPM) will work closely with the Director of Strategy & Operations to support Beyond 12’s K-12 and higher education technology partners (middle schools, high schools, college access and success organizations, scholarship organizations and colleges/universities) as they implement and utilize our alumni tracking tool and Facebook application. Ideal candidates are committed to utilizing robust data and building collaborative partnerships to help organizations ensure that all students succeed in college and beyond.
The SPM will be a key member of the Beyond 12 team and contribute to the growth of Beyond 12’s data strategies. During the initial three to four months at Beyond 12, the SPM will design and implement a process for incorporating National Student Clearinghouse data into Beyond 12’s Alumni Success Tool and educating partners about the data. Following this critical project, the SPM will continue to develop partner relationships with a focus on helping partners utilize data to better understand and meet the needs of their student and alumni. S/he will also contribute to the development of a growing, fast-paced organization.
Data Management & Analysis
- Work closely with Partners to ensure successful and timely data migration to and data usage of Beyond 12’s Alumni Success Tool
- Analyze student enrollment, persistence, and performance data to help Beyond 12 develop actionable post-secondary success goals and strategies with Partners
- Support data entry, analyses and audits as needed
- Work with Partners to help them better utilize the Alumni Success Tool, develop custom reports and identify areas for product and service development
- Run demonstrations with prospective partners and conduct training sessions with new and existing Partners on Beyond 12’s Alumni Success Tool
- Design and implement a process for incorporating National Student Clearinghouse data into the Alumni Success Tool
- Oversee the development, growth and maintenance of Beyond 12’s student engagement site on Facebook by monitoring application usage and managing the developer relationship
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Comfortable using basic Excel equations/tools including vlookup and pivot tables
- Experience working with large data sets and analyzing data
- Able and willing to travel 10-15% of time
- Position will be based in San Francisco
- Strong commitment to Beyond 12’s mission and vision
- Strong problem-solving and data analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Sharp and quick thinker
- Independent, highly organized and detail-oriented
- Energetic, hard-working and enthusiastic team player
- Commitment to achieving measurable results
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This position will begin as a consulting contract. Pending performance, the position can lead to a full-time position.
Beyond 12 offers outstanding benefits, including health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, 401(k), and a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) to its full-time staff.
To apply, please email your resume and a thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to: careers@.... Be sure to let us know how you heard about the opportunity. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.