Job Opening: KIPP DC--Foundation & Corporate Relationship Manager
KIPP DC is a network of high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools in Washington, D.C. All KIPP DC schools are tuition-free, open enrollment schools, and actively recruit and serve students in the city's most under-resourced communities. At KIPP DC, there are no shortcuts. Outstanding educators and staff, more time in school, a rigorous college preparatory-curriculum, and a strong culture of achievement and support help our students make significant academic gains and continue to excel in high school and college. KIPP DC students receive an intensive foundation in the core academic subjects with an emphasis on developing the knowledge and skills necessary for success in school and in life. Almost 100% of the student body is African American, and more than 80% qualify for the federal free or reduced-price lunch program. The KIPP DC network currently serves over 2,600 students at nine schools on three campuses in the District of Columbia, and will eventually serve over 3,500 students by 2015.
THE FOUNDATION & CORPORATE RELATIONSHIP MANAGER WILL:
· Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of KIPP DC; use that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought and to recommend the seeking of grants.
· Manage the annual ESEA (re-authorized NCLB) Title I and Title II grant cycle; including the application process and quarterly reporting.
· Conduct research and interviews to ensure that grant proposals accurately reflect the project or program for which funding is sought.
· Identify grant making organizations and likely funding sources for specific projects and programs.
· Compile, write, and edit all grant applications, exhibiting strong expository writing skills and an extraordinary command of grammar and spelling.
· Review the budget of a project or program for which funding is sought and make recommendations to better present it to grant making organizations.
· Develop individual grant proposals in accordance with each grant making organization's preferences and follow exactly each grant making organization's guidelines.
· Maintain contact with grant making organizations during their review of a submitted grant application in order to be able to supply additional supportive material.
· Manage the process of supplying progress reports when required by a grant making organization that has funded a project or program.
· Exemplary writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
· Minimum of 4 years of fundraising, public relations, or public policy experience
· Extremely detailed, strategically minded and ability to meet numerous deadlines
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Highly-motivated and self-directed learner with a "whatever it takes" attitude
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Systems
· Working knowledge of Raiser's Edge or similar prospect databases
· Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
Please submit an online application through our website at http://www.kippdc.org/careers. If you have any questions, please direct them to Greg Naleski, Vice President of External Affairs, via email at Gregory.Naleski@....
The position is available immediately and applicants are encouraged to apply early. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.