Position: Senior Manager, Special Projects
Location: Los Angeles
CFY is a national education non-profit that helps students in low-income communities, together with their teachers and families, harness the power of digital learning to improve educational outcomes.
CFY pursues this mission through the combination of its groundbreaking K-12 learning platform, PowerMyLearning.com, and its on-the-ground direct service initiative, the CFY Digital Learning Program. PowerMyLearning makes best-in-class digital learning activities easily accessible and usable to meet the full range of K-12 learning needs. It is an integral part of CFYfs Digital Learning Program which is conducted in partnership with low-income public schools to increase home technology access, extend learning beyond the classroom, and deeply engage parents in the learning process. The program provides training for teachers, students and their parents along with a free broadband-ready home computer loaded with educational software and 24~7 bilingual help desk support.
To date, CFY has served more than 50,000 families at hundreds of schools nationwide and has demonstrated significant impact on student achievement, student engagement, parental confidence, and high-speed Internet adoption. To extend the impact of its work even further, CFY operates an Affiliate Network of over 30 organizations in more than 20 states and the District of Columbia.
For more information, please visit www.cfy.org.
The Senior Manager, Special Projects is a new position and s/he will play a pivotal role in driving the sustainability and fundraising efforts of CFY-Los Angeles in close collaboration with the CFY-Los Angeles Co-Director and CFY-National's development department. The Senior Manager reports directly to the CFY-Los Angeles Co-Director.
- Drive the execution of CFY-Los Angelesf strategic sustainability plan working closely with the LA Co-Director.
- Help identify new opportunities (foundation grants, major gifts, board member prospects, and government opportunities) and work with the national development team to conduct research and manage workflow process.
- Strategize how to secure meetings to pursue opportunities, leverage the connections of board members and other CFY constituents, and work with the LA Co-Director and Executive Assistant on executing that strategy. Work closely with the LA Co-Director to prepare for these meetings, including collecting relevant information and customizing CFYfs approach and message.
- Track relationships among prospects, donors, board members, and other CFY constituents.
- Work closely with LA Co-Director on local board development and management including defining the composition of the board and determining how the board can best be leveraged. Work with the Executive Assistant to track next steps, write thank you-notes, document meetings, and record all touch points using CFYfs donor database.
- Act as primary liaison with the national development team and attend all internal development meetings with the LA Co-Director and some external meetings when warranted.
- Take on special projects that are analytical and/or tactical in nature as they relate to sustainability/fundraising.
General Team Responsibilities
- Participate in CFY-Los Angeles weekly team meetings.
- Attend training, including in-house training; be prepared to discuss concepts learned with team members, find ways to apply learning at CFY-Los Angeles.
- Manage up, by being proactive and keeping manager informed of changing priorities.
- Understand and communicate CFYfs mission to staff, clients, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Model and hold other staff members accountable to CFY-Los Angeles Cultural Values.
- All other duties as necessary.
- Passion for CFY's mission
- At least five years of demonstrated experience and success in development, fundraising, or sales
- Experience with research and relationship mapping
- Excellent strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of one of the following:
- Los Angeles-based foundations and major gifts
- Board development and management
- Los Angeles and California government funding opportunities
- Strong ability to prioritize
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to rapid change
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proven skills managing multiple details
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal oversight
- Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills, including a sense of humor
- Bachelor's degree
- Fundraising experience in education-related organizations
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. CFY also offers a generous benefits package.
TO APPLY: Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, your current compensation, and how you heard about this opportunity, to jobs@... using the following conventions:
Subject line: CFY]LA Senior Manager, Special Projects
Cover Letter: yourfirstname_yourlastname_coverletter.doc
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
CFY is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.