Job Opening: Director of Evaluation- The Stupski Foundation
- Title: Director of Evaluation
Reports to: Chief Assessment, Measurement & Evaluation Officer
About the Foundation:
The Stupski Foundation is a private, not-for-profit national operating
foundation with a mission to improve
the life options for children of color and poverty through
transformation of the public education system.
We see students and teachers leading a learning revolution that
reinvents American education by
empowering students with the opportunity to own and drive their
learning. The foundation is supporting a
national Learning Lab Network of school sites to model innovation, an
effort that engages all stakeholders
in the education system: students, teachers, administrators and
policymakers. The foundation has been
working in the education sector since 1996 and is based in San Francisco.
About the Position:
The Director of Evaluation will work directly with the Chief
Assessment, Measurement & Evaluation (AME)
Officer to execute the Foundation’s evaluation strategy. The Director
of Evaluation will play a critical role
in the design of evaluations that will be used to assess the impact of
the innovate work of our Learning
Lab Network school sites. S/he will provide crucial support to the
Chief AME Officer in ensuring that
evaluation projects have high quality research-based methodologies and
data collection systems.
• Design, implement and manage the foundation’s evaluation strategy
and tools, including instrument
design, data collection and analysis, and report writing.
• Lead Request for Proposals (RFP) and selection process for a
• Manage third-party evaluator on all aspects of summative evaluation.
• Identify, review and extract implications from evaluation findings
and formulate recommendations that
inform and support the refinement of foundation programs.
• Participate in key education conferences where the foundation’s
learning can influence thinking and
action more broadly; represent the foundation’s work with key stakeholders.
• Actively engage in and facilitate ongoing learning both within the
foundation’s program team and
among our Learning Lab Network schools.
• In collaboration with the foundation’s External Affairs team,
distill key messages for internal and
external audiences and develop a broad and strategic knowledge-sharing
plan. Write articles, white
papers and other publications that share important findings with
• Actively track trends in evaluation methods and approaches.
• A passion for and commitment to social change, particularly
educational reform and equity for
children of color and poverty in the U.S., is required.
• Master’s level degree; Doctoral degree strongly preferred.
• 6–10 years of relevant work experience.
• Extensive experience in both quantitative and qualitative research.
o Designing evaluations for operating programs.
o Adapting evaluation methodologies to unique situations.
• Relevant content expertise in such areas as cognitive science,
and/or youth development.
• An understanding of education statistics and research/evaluation
methodologies. Familiarity with
education-specific assessment instruments.
• Strong initiative and drive with an extremely positive attitude and
desire to work in a fast-paced
• Exceptional interpersonal skills. Able to quickly and easily build
strong relationships with diverse
• Must be a team player who is motivated by working in a collaborative
environment, yet able to work
independently and show a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
Strong sense of flexibility,
personal accountability and collective responsibility.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume and a cover letter
to Careers@.... Indicate
“Director of Evaluation” in the subject line of the e-mail for the
fastest consideration. In your cover letter,
please comment on how your skills and experience are a good match for
this position, the personal
qualities that you bring to the work environment, your salary
requirements, and where you heard about
The Stupski Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please visit
us at www.stupski.org.