Job Opening: Director of Business Development for Fast-growing Education Company
Revolution Prep (www.revolutionprep.com) was founded in 2002 with the vision of using innovative instruction and technology to transform education while remaining true to a social mission. By attracting and retaining a group of dedicated, talented and performance minded individuals, Revolution Prep has become a national leader in educational services and software. This collaborative, fun and entrepreneurial company is privately held and has achieved profitable, fast-paced growth. Over the next five years, Revolution Prep intends to continue on its path of growth by expanding into new markets and product lines while unlocking our students' potential through smarter learning.
Domestic and international business development is one of the company's top initiatives, so the Director of Business Development will work closely with the co-founders and other senior-level executives to drive growth. The Director will report to the VP of Marketing and work collaboratively with our Sales, Curriculum, Marketing, and Technology teams. S/he will be responsible for researching and aligning market opportunities with Revolution Prep to ensure the strategic direction of our products. The Director will also be the point person for our partner organizations and support business-to-business efforts and direct-to-consumer efforts for both the test prep and software divisions. The position is based out of our headquarters in Santa Monica, CA.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter, who takes initiative and can lead business development efforts. S/he has a strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills. The candidate should also be able to take initiative, find suitable partners, and tenaciously follow up with every lead. S/he should enjoy working in a fast-paced, high energy, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor required, MBA preferred
- 2 to 4 years of Business Development experience: generating a partner target list, cold calling partners, structuring and negotiating partnerships, launching and optimizing deals (must have documented list of business development deals)
- Experience as an account manager, servicing multiple accounts on a day-to-day basis
- Must have a creative business mind, but can apply analytical rigor to potential and actual deals
- Comfortable with basic finance and accounting, more than proficient in Excel and PowerPoint, working knowledge of Access is a plus
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit: high energy and a sense of ownership
- Prior experience in education and/or software industry a plus
- Salary with performance-based bonus
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, employee options plan, 401k with company matching, generous paid time-off, life insurance, casual dress, yearly company retreat, vibrant company culture, employee discount for test prep and tutoring services, and strong social mission