Job Opening: Director, School Turnaround Partnerships
This position can be located anywhere in the US
Based on the successful development and implementation of customized professional development programs to serve our clients’ persistently lowest-achieving schools, Wireless Generation is creating a new sales group that will focus exclusively on generating new business selling services to districts’ schools in need of turnaround and transformation interventions. This new business targets the School Improvement Grants that have been set aside for the lowest performing 5% of schools across the country. Successful candidates will be responsible for selling multi-year professional services engagements to the larger school districts across the country. These individuals will have specific sales targets to achieve within their defined territories.
Responsibilities of Director of School Turnaround Partnerships:
· Achieve annual sales quota for assigned territory.
· Manage the sales process from lead generation to contract execution for each School Improvement sales opportunity, achieving specific sales quotas for an assigned territory while consistently delivering exceptional customer service.
· Drive new and repeat sales, managing the pipeline, proposal writing, closing deals (with the help of the Wireless Generation’s professional services and proposals staff).
· Develop a strong sales pipeline of turnaround and transformation opportunities by calling on the Superintendents, Chief Academic and/or Accountability Officers, and other district and school leadership staff within the 200 largest school districts in the country.
· Deliver outstanding sales presentations and lead needs analysis sessions with school district stakeholders as part of the sales pipeline development efforts.
· Work with Wireless Generation professional services staff during the sales process to help define customer requirements, deliverables and statement of work.
Requirements of Director of School Turnaround Partnerships:
· Previous successful sales experience with a track record of sales quota attainment .
· A passion for education, professional development, and sales as well as an overall excitement for learning.
· Proven experience as a dynamic, credible public speaker with strong communication (including presenting and writing), organizational and problem-solving skills are essential.
· Bachelor’s degree followed by 4+ years of experience in selling professional services to K-12 districts with enrollment of 50,000+ students. An advanced degree and sales experience with educational technology preferred.
· Up-to-date relationships with the Superintendents, Chief Academic and/or Accountability Offices within the 200 largest school districts in the country.
· Preference given to candidates who have strong managerial background and experience.
· Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
· An active interest in, reading of, and ability to discuss the major topics and trends of relevance to school districts today.
Wireless Generation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Please apply via our website by clicking this link.
Adam C. Redlich