Job Opening: GreatSchools seeks Online Advertising Sales Manager
Online Advertising Sales Manager
GreatSchools.org is looking for a talented Online Advertising Sales Manager to champion the nation's fastest growing web site for parents of K-12 students. This Sales Manager will be responsible for identifying, closing and managing advertising partners. Additionally, this person will work with the online advertising sales team to develop unique ad vehicles and programs that build value for our partners.
GreatSchools has established a successful online advertising business. Some of our advertisers include K-12, Chevy's, Sylvan, Target, Kellogg's, and many others. We are looking to hire an individual who can help drive and support our continued growth. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in advertising & marketing, with exceptional selling skills and a proven record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
This position reports to the VP of Ad Sales and Business Development.
- Identify and initiate contact with advertising prospects through cold calls, in-person presentations and/or leveraging of existing contact lists
- Assess customer needs; develop effective sales proposals; negotiate deals; ensure successful delivery of advertising campaigns
- Manage all communications, scheduling and approvals between the client/agency and operations team throughout the implementation process
- Maintain accounts and deliver superior customer service for multiple clients
- Develop campaign performance summaries for clients
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years combined related advertising experience
- Strong track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Knowledge of business and advertising trends and the ability to translate this knowledge into advertising solutions for clients
- Solid understanding of online advertising and marketing, including pricing structures (CPM, CPC, CPA, CPL) and media types (e.g., banners, skyscrapers, box ads, email newsletters)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized and flexible
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Proficiency with Powerpoint, MS Excel, MS Word and the Web
- Experience working in a small business or a start-up environment
- Ad agency experience is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of 3rd party research tools (e.g., comScore; Omniture).
- Positive work ethic and ability to exercise mature judgment
- Ability to work independently as a motivated team player
- Preference for a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Ability to think analytically, set priorities and meet deadlines
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus medical, dental, vision, life, disability, time off benefits and a retirement plan with matching contributions. This is a full-time position and is located in our San Francisco office.
How To Apply:
Please email a cover letter, including salary requirements and résumé to jobs+salesmgr@..., with "Sales Manager" in the subject line. Résumés without cover letters will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity in our workplace.
GreatSchools is an independent, nonprofit organization that inspires and guides parents to become effective champions of their children's education at home and in their communities. Parents turn to us to find the right schools for their children, to get practical advice and information that will help them raise successful, college-ready kids, and to support the schools in their communities.
Founded in 1998, GreatSchools reaches more than 37 million people each year - approximately one-in-three American families with school-age children. With profiles of 200,000 public, public charter, and private schools serving students from Pre-K through high school and more than 800,000 parent ratings and reviews of schools, GreatSchools is the most comprehensive source of information on school quality today.
GreatSchools is supported by numerous foundations and corporations, including the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Robertson Foundation and the Walton Family Foundation.