Recent Yale Grad looking for Education Start-Up
- A recent Yale grad, who is a friend of a friend, wants to work on
education but is also interested in doing the "Bay Area start-up
thing" that she has been hearing so much about from her friends.
I don't know Christina, but she comes so highly recommended from my
friend, that it is enough to even allay my fears prompted by her
choice of schools.
Her resume is included below. If anyone has any available positions,
they should move fast. Christina is out visiting the Bay Area through
Tuesday and is totally available for interviews. Through Tuesday, she
can be reached at 415 552 7166.
Christina Ann Harding
101 Black Oak Road
Weston, Massachusetts 02493
EDUCATION YALE UNIVERSITY, New Haven, CT
· B.A., Intensive Psychology with distinction
· GPA: 3.6
· Member of Psi Chi, the National Honor Society in Psychology,
· Captain, Lacrosse 1997-1998. Varsity Lacrosse 1995-1998.
Varsity Soccer 1994.
· All-Ivy Honorable Mention Lacrosse Award 1998
· Fellow, Yale Bush Center of Child Development and Social
EXPERIENCE HARVARD INSTITUTE FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT,
Cambridge, MA 1/99-12/99
· Under the auspices of the Ministry of Education, developed
English curriculum and prepared and instructed English classes with
limited resources to elementary school children in a public school in
· Lived with a Costa Rican family in a rural community, taught
adult night classes to members of the community, and learned Spanish.
YALE UNIVERSITY, New Haven, CT 9/97-5/98
Senior Honors Thesis Seminar
· Conducted independent research project titled, "Determinants
of Sexual Behavior and
Attitudes in Latino Boys."
· Performed quantitative analysis on the impact of parenting
styles, male gender roles, and hopelessness on Latinos' sexual
behavior and attitudes, designed extensive questionnaire, and
recruited and interviewed underprivileged adolescent Latinos from New
Haven community centers.
· Nominated for the Anglier's prize awarded to the student
the most outstanding senior project in psychology.
YALE UNIVERSITY, New Haven, CT 1/97-5/97
· Conducted independent research on school reform initiatives
in three major cities in the United States for Dr. Edward Zigler.
THE NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH, Bethesda, MD
Intramural Research Training Award Recipient
· Conducted research on, "The Role of Emotion in the
Development of Psychopathology" in the Child Psychiatry
Dr. Carolyn Zahn-Waxler.
· Evaluated, reviewed, and administered physiological and
qualitative tests to adolescent subjects.
ACTIVITIES LATINO YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, New Haven, CT
· Organized and managed basketball practices three times a week
and games once a week for adolescent inner-city Latino boys.
YALE ASSOCIATED STUDENT AGENCY, New Haven, CT 9/96-12/97
· Generated revenues of over 20,000 dollars selling T-shirts to
students and alumni.
· Organized partnership with student agency to arrange a
billing contract for students to facilitate sales.
SKILLS/ Familiar with Excel and SPSS. Proficient in Spanish.
Backpacked in India, China, Costa
INTERESTS Rica, and Europe.