Job Opening: VP Business Development, Educate Online
Educate Online, Inc. (EO), a Sterling Capital Partners portfolio company, is the leading provider of live, synchronous, supplemental educational services to parents, students, and K-12 school districts nationally. The EO team is composed of executives, managers, and educators passionate for superior financial performance and superior educational performance for the company's students.
This position will report to EO's President and has a team of direct reports and outsourced partner resources as necessary.
The Vice President of Business Development has the direct responsibility for identifying and managing new business development opportunities with school districts, community colleges and other educational institutions. The VP plans and recommends business and marketing strategies to achieve new market growth consistent with the company's strategic growth objectives and financial plan. As a key member of the company's senior management team, the Vice President of Business Development participates in establishing the sales and marketing vision for the company.
As a successful Vice President of Business Development you will:
Have a strong dedication to company goals and a passion for quality.Perform market research and analyze financial data to identify and structure new business relationships.Manage the marketing and sales lifecycle from marketing concept, marketing execution, regional sales planning, and customer relationship management throughout all regions and across all new business lines.Develop a solid understanding of EO's products, services and platforms.Play a key role in the sourcing of new business opportunities and driving new product / service development through the sales team.Participate in sales meetings to insure sales objectives and goals are met.
- Develop and direct the company's business development activities to grow the business in strategic areas.
- Find, develop, recommend, negotiate, and close meaningful partnerships with potential customers.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer business and education issues, relevant solutions and client service.
- At least 10 years experience in business development to include K-12 products and services.
- Success in initiating and building strategic relationships with existing and new customers.
- A reputation for implementing a business development vision in order to differentiate and extend the product's/services that Educate Online offers.
- Experience in an entrepreneurial company. Comfort with a fast-paced, rapid growth environment combined with an ability to define and frame overall sales and marketing strategy.
- Experience in developing and building a new line of business.
- Knowledge of K-12 education and/or tutoring.
- Collaborative team-player who can develop and drive strategic sales growth.
- Strong communication skills in dealing with executives, investors, sales professionals, as well as external customers and resources.
- A Bachelors degree is required; MBA or related degree preferred.
What you get in return
Successful candidates will thrive in a team-oriented, high-impact environment where EO's employees share the motivation for the educational and business impact of our products and services. Our total rewards package includes:
- Competitive market pay based compensation.
- Bonus potential OR lucrative incentives for meeting company objectives.
- Comprehensive benefits plans to include, medical, dental & vision plans for full time employees.
- 401K plus company match.
- Subsidized parking.
- Additionally, through on-the-job training and learning opportunities, you can develop your career at Educate Online and succeed with us in future roles!
To apply, visit the careers section of the Educate Online website:
Under "division", select "educate online" and then hit the "begin search" button.