Job Opening: Instructional Coaches in SFUSD - Math, Literacy, SpEd and ELD
- SFUSD is seeking Instructional Coaches in Literacy, Math, Special Education, and English Learner/English Language Development for its high-need schools!
Background on SFUSD's Superintendent's Zone:
San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) is the highest performing urban district in California, however the district continues to grapple with the large gap between its lowest and highest performing student groups. Recognizing this problem, SFUSD has completed important steps in the last two years to make social justice and equity the district's top priority, laying the groundwork for the difficult improvement work ahead.
SFUSD has created a "Superintendent's Zone" of high-need schools in SFUSD, and these schools will be provided with Instructional Coaches in four (4) subject areas: Literacy, Math, Special Education, and English Learner/English Language Development. Each coach will be centrally deployed by the Superintendent's Zone to one specific high-need school site, where he/she will:
- Support implementation of new standards-based curriculum
- Ensure effective use of instructional strategies for that subject area
- Provide peer coaching and lesson development to increase teachers' instructional knowledge and maximize student learning
Specific Functions for all Superintendent's Zone Instructional Coaches:
- Coach teachers at school sites to support effective teaching of the district's adopted standards-based materials in specific subject matter
- Collaborate with district departments to articulate coherent and comprehensive standards-based educational programs to ensure all students access the core curriculum
- Design, implement, and coordinate professional development of the adopted core and intervention curriculums, use of effective teaching strategies that support increased student achievement, and use of assessment to inform instruction
- Develop tools and resources to support implementation in collaboration with teacher leaders
- Support curriculum technology integration in the subject matter area
- Facilitate teacher leader work groups in support of core curriculum area
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications for all Instructional Specialists include the following:
- Track record of success in an urban school setting
- California Clear Teaching credential with English Learner authorization (CLAD)
- NCLB Highly Qualified teacher certification
- Outstanding and /or Highly Satisfactory Summary Evaluations
- Five years of recent classroom teaching experience with demonstrated effectiveness in the subject matter, use of standards-based curriculum, instruction and assessment
- Leadership/coaching experience in the subject matter through participation in professional organizations, district and state initiatives (e.g. City Science, Urban Systemic Program, SF Math Leadership, Early/Extended Literacy Initiative, teacher leader in district programs, mentor teacher, BTSA provider, Instructional Reform Facilitator)
- Successful experience working with a diverse adult and student population
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and modeling of lessons in subject matter
- Experience in group facilitation and conducting professional development in the subject matter
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with district and school-based administrators
- Excellent skills in communication, organization and time management
- Spanish fluency (desired)
Apply online: www.sfusd.edu/jobs
- Click "Apply and Search for Open Teaching Positions Now!"
- Complete a certificated application, then link your application to a specific coach position: Literacy, Math, Special Education, or ELL/ELD.