Job Opening: Director of Operations & Strategic Planning at Year Up
Reporting to the Director of Development and partnering with the development team and Year Up staff, the Development Manager will support a full range of development activities that include individual giving, annual fund and event planning.
· Designing giving strategy and solicitation of all constituencies
· Designing and implementing a sustainable major donor outreach program
· Personally and effectively identifying, cultivating, and securing annual and major gifts
· Setting and meeting fundraising goals
· Developing effective relationships with volunteers, donors, prospects, administrators, and staff
· Ensure the logistics for the events, and the successful identification, recruitment, cultivation and recognition of volunteers
· Serving as a member of the development team
· Supporting, managing and working in partnership with colleagues
· Work with a team and with key leaders to plan committee meetings, secure donations/sponsorship and marketing for the events and other fundraising initiatives
· Successful track record in development, including cultivating and stewarding donors, managing a capital campaign, major gifts solicitation and all aspects of annual giving
· Minimum 5 years of progressive fund-raising experience with demonstrated success in the development of significant, sustainable new sources of philanthropic revenue
Founded in 2000, Year Up is a non-profit organization with a mission to prepare urban young adults aged 18-24 for life and work in our technology-driven society, while guiding them toward successful careers and higher education. Through a one-year, intensive training program, students receive a unique combination of hands-on technical and professional skills, college credit and corporate internships.
In our tenth year of operation, Year Up will serve more than 1,000 students per year across six sites in Boston, Providence, Washington, D.C., New York City, San Franciscoand Atlanta, and expects to open the Chicago site in the summer of 2010. Year Up continues to be recognized as a non-profit leader; we have received numerous awards, including Fast Company Magazine's Social Capitalist Award for innovative business model and social impact in 2005, 2007 and 2008 and Opportunity Knock's Best Nonprofit To Work For in 2009. In 2009, when 75% of non-profits either did not grow or remained flat, Year Up grew its revenue by 23%, enabling us to increase the number of students served by 56% each year since our founding. Much of our success is attributed to our talented and committed staff.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply through Year Up's online jobs database - http://tbe.taleo.net/NA8/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=YEARUP&cws=1
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.