The Broad Foundation seeks Summer Associate
The Broad Foundation's mission is to dramatically improve K-12 urban public education through better governance, management, and labor relations.
Increasingly concerned for the quality of elementary and secondary public education in America, particularly within large urban school districts, Eli Broad and his family established The Broad Foundation in 1999 to focus on K-12 educational issues. The family’s initial funding commitment of $100 million was later increased to over $400 million. The Foundation is based in the Westwood neighborhood of Los Angeles and currently has 14 full-time employees. Please visit www.broadfoundation.org to learn more about the foundation’s investments.
Scope and Responsibilities
The Broad Foundation seeks a Summer Associate with entrepreneurial spirit to research potential investments and assist with current grant initiatives. The Summer Associate will work closely with the Associate Directors and Managing Director to define projects related to the current portfolio of grants. Potential responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Research on trends and opportunities in education in areas such as educational leadership programs, charter school development, and data management systems
· Consulting and management assistance on existing ventures
· Research and analysis of potential ventures to support investment decision- making
· Currently enrolled in graduate business, education, non-profit management, or policy program
· Demonstrated interest and passion for improving K-12 public education
· Strong research and analytical skills
· Exceptional oral and written communications skills
· Experience with market analysis, feasibility studies, and financial analysis
· Previous experience in public education, venture philanthropy, consulting, or operating entrepreneurial non-profit or for-profit ventures preferred but not necessary
Term and Compensation
The internship will extend for 8-10 weeks. Compensation will be based on experience.
For consideration, please email a cover letter and resume by February 14, 2003 to Mollie Mitchell at jobs@.... You will receive an acknowledgement upon receipt of your email. We will only contact applicants chosen for further consideration.