Great Development Opportunity with ACCESS in Boston, MA!
Founded in 1985, ACCESS works to ensure that every young person has the financial information and resources necessary to find an affordable path to – and through – a postsecondary education. To accomplish this mission, ACCESS provides free financial aid advice, advocacy and scholarship support to all the students of Boston and Springfield , Massachusetts to help them overcome the financial barriers to a college education. Operating in 40 high schools and 12 leading community organizations in Boston and 10 high schools in Springfield , ACCESS provides students and parents with personalized, one on one financial aid assistance as they plan for and apply to college. ACCESS’s expert financial aid advisors have helped students secure millions of dollars in financial aid - more than $105 million in financial aid in the last three years alone. Since its inception, ACCESS has guided more than 45,000 students through the financial aid process and awarded more than $5 million in critical, need-based gap scholarships to more than 5,000 students while maintaining a 75% college graduation rate – more than twice the college graduation rate of the entire Boston Public Schools.
ACCESS is currently seeking a motivated and professional Development Manager to provide strategic support to the Development Director as the organization expands its efforts to increase programmatic impact and the funding base necessary to support such growth. The Development Manager will be someone who has exceptional project management and written communication skills, is highly detail oriented, takes tremendous pride in their work and strives for excellence. The successful applicant will be someone who is excited about making a real impact in people’s lives, who thrives on new challenges, and most of all, someone who is eager to help broaden the impact of ACCESS’ work to more youth and their families. This person will report to the Director of Development and work closely with a Development Associate.
· Research potential grant opportunities and develop a yearly schedule of proposal, reporting and letter of inquiry deadlines, tracking outcomes and updating the calendar on a regular basis.
· Support the management of grants submission process including collection and synthesis of data, development and completion of high-quality written proposals, tracking. reporting, and full correspondence with donors.
· Identify prospects at all giving levels via spheres of influence of board, current contacts and donors to like-minded organizations.
· Develop strategic donor outreach and communication plans as well as corresponding internal systems to reflect return on donors’ investment.
· Lead efforts to research, select, implement and support current and prospective donor tracking systems
· Provide support in stewardship of institutional and individual supporters; maintain up-to-date database of contact information and record of contacts; maintain regular correspondence with key funding representatives; and coordinate necessary site-visits.
· Collaborate with Marketing and Communications staff to publish a quarterly e-newsletter to donors, friends and prospective donors.
· Implement and oversee a strategy for the effective use of social marketing websites
· Assist with developing the strategy, managing the logistics and executing all activities for ACCESS’s two annual events: Annual Gala (Spring) and the Scholars Award Ceremony (Summer).
· At least 3 years of relevant work experience; direct experience with fundraising and grant writing preferred
· Exceptional written & strong communication skills, including experience interacting with internal & external parties
· Ability to balance multiple projects in a demanding, fast-paced environment
· Outstanding organization skills and high attention to detail
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
· Flexibility and adaptability with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate increasing responsibility and shifting priorities
· Ability to take initiative and anticipate potential project complications or needs before they arise
· Energetic, enthusiastic and interested in learning within a fast-paced, fast-growing organization
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
ACCESS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment employer. Additional info can be found at our website www.accessedu.org
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format to Kevin Mitchell at http://jobs.cgcareers.org/application.aspx?id=1513 . Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About Commongood Careers : ACCESS has partnered with Commongood Careers to conduct the search for a Development Manager. Commongood Careers is a nonprofit search service that connects talented individuals to organizations that are dedicated to creating positive social change. Founded and staffed by nonprofit professionals, Commongood Careers offers personalized, engaged services to jobseekers and organizations throughout the hiring process, as well as access to a wealth of knowledge about nonprofit careers. Learn more about nonprofit jobs at Commongood Careers.