Regional Director, Mid West - Summer Advantage USA!
Organizational Overview: One of the most effective tools to improve student achievement – summer learning – is currently one of the most underutilized. Summer learning, not be confused with summer school, provides children with a rich array of academics and enrichment (i.e., art, music, drama, physical fitness, and community service); connects children with experienced educators and caring adult mentors; and engages parents more deeply in the education of their children.
By engaging all children in quality summer learning programs, we can increase children's state test scores, improve high school graduation rates, reduce risky behavior, and most importantly, ensure all children receive a well-rounded, high quality education.
Summer Advantage USA will bring high quality summer learning programs to children throughout the country using a business model focused on sustainability and growth.
Founder and Chief Executive Officer Earl Martin Phalen, co-founder and former CEO of BELL (Building Educated Leaders for Life), a nationally recognized leader in summer programming, is currently building his founding team and is looking for extraordinary people to develop the organization. Team members must demonstrate a passion for the mission of the organization, a truly entrepreneurial spirit, and a significant record of success in specific functional areas.
The Regional Director is responsible for driving and leading the development and growth of the Midwest Region into a $10 million operation serving 10,000 scholars. This position will have responsibility for programmatic results, staff management and stakeholder cultivation. S/he will focus on developing robust relationships with partners across the region including school districts, government agencies and corporations in order to achieve aggressive expansion goals. The Regional Director will also be charged with establishing efficient operating systems and will be directly responsible for budget, planning and management oversight of the entire region
· Establish the Regional Team to execute the strategic plan and help to grow the Midwest Region
· Oversee all operational activity in the Midwest Region including budgeting, staff management, and program management to ensure that Summer Advantage USA reaches aggressive growth goals
· Develop and cultivate new and existing external relationships, revenue opportunities, and foundation support through working with Summer Advantage’s development and marketing staff
· Facilitate the process for acquiring and retaining school sites, and recruiting, enrolling and retaining scholars year to year
· Manage financial accounts and reporting systems, including P&Ls, staffing ratios, scholar enrollment goals, and attendance percentages
· Ensure a streamlined process for recruiting, training, and retaining exceptional staff; work to develop key talent that is diverse in culture and background
· Develop and maintain cooperative relations with federal, state, and local school officials.
· Ensure that Summer Advantage’s Midwest Regional operations adhere to all regulatory, program and funding compliance requirements.
· At least 8 years of experience in education or related field managing a multi-site operation with full-time staff as well as a large scale part-time workforce.
· Strong operations management experience within a business unit having business development, budgeting and P&L responsibility
· Demonstrated ability to lead staff in support of goals, ensuring delivery of highest quality services
· Understanding of the foundation and corporate giving environment a plus
· Passion for and commitment to improving the quality of education for children living in under-resourced communities
· Exceptional work ethic
· Proficient with several software packages, including Salesforce.com, Outlook, Microsoft Excel and Word, and PowerPoint
· Willingness to do whatever it takes to ensure the successful launch and subsequent growth of the organization
· Bachelor’s degree required, Masters Degree preferred in Education, Social Work or Business.
To Apply: Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format and addressed to Earl Martin Phalen at http://www.cgcareers.org/findajob/jobdetail/1386. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Summer Advantage USA is an equal opportunity employer. For other opportunities available with Summer Advantage USA , please visit their website at www.summeradvantage.org.
About Commongood Careers : Summer Advantage USA has partnered with Commongood Careers to conduct the search for the Regional Director - Midwest . Commongood Careers is a nonprofit search service that connects talented individuals to organizations that are dedicated to creating positive social change. Founded and staffed by nonprofit professionals, Commongood Careers offers personalized, engaged services to jobseekers and organizations throughout the hiring process, as well as access to a wealth of knowledge about nonprofit careers. Learn more about nonprofit jobs at Commongood Careers.
Uncommon talent working for the common good
Stay Connected! Join the Commongood Careers groups on Facebook and .