Job: Manager, Educational Operations - Tutor Corps
Educational Operations Manager
Note: Please read full posting before submitting materials. Incomplete applications and/or generic cover letters will not be considered.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Please send salary history.
Tutor Corps seeks a dynamic and talented individual to help advance our organization to the next level and achieve our ambitious goals over the coming three years and beyond. Founded in 2002, we have grown to become the premier tutoring company in the San Francisco Bay Area. Tutor Corps is a family-run organization committed to providing the highest level of educational services, working with students of all backgrounds, and making a positive impact in the lives of our families. We provide subject-specific and standardized test preparation support to K-12, undergraduate and graduate students through one-on-one and small group tutoring. In addition we offer highly customized homeschooling, summer study abroad, and skills building programs. Our one-on-one tutoring model treats each student as a unique individual and integrates mentoring to increase motivation and confidence essential components to long-term academic success. Our mission is to build academic skills and confidence, increase motivation, and inspire a love of learning in all of our students. To learn more, visit us at http://www.tutorcorps.com.
The Educational Operations Manager has four primary areas of responsibility: (1) tutor recruitment, hiring and training; (2) tutor-student assignment and case management; (3) tutor management and evaluation; and (4) serving as an educational resource for the benefit of the organization as a whole.
The Educational Operations Manager (EOM) must be an effective personnel manager and project manager. The ideal candidate is proactive, self-motivated, extroverted and capable of effectively managing a large team of tutors that work remotely, and can easily `switch gears' and multi-task on a daily basis. The Educational Operations Manager should be committed to educational equality and making a difference in the lives of students. The Educational Operations Manager will work closely with the owners and staff of Tutor Corps, including daily collaboration with the Director of Education relating to student-tutor assignment and case management.
Tutor Corps is looking for an Educational Operations Manager who is flexible, innovative, and willing to make a long-term commitment to work and grow with the company. Individuals who demonstrate strong performance will be considered for internal advancement opportunities. This position is extremely dynamic, and requires the utmost professionalism, a strong work ethic, exceptional organizational skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Two years experience in management and/or direct supervision of personnel
- Previous business and/or recruitment experience
- Minimum of two years tutoring and/or classroom teaching experience, including curriculum development, with youth in grades K-12
- Experience collaborating with academic administrators, parents, students and/or community members on both administrative and educational projects
- Direct experience with sales and/or a fast-paced client turnaround strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success leading and participating in team environments
- Proficiency with Windows operating system and multiple software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint , Google Doc/Apps, database and records management
- Degree in education or related field, State-level teaching certification (current or expired) and/or masters degree a plus
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Valid driver's license and a car
- Strong management and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to resolve challenging situations in a professional manner with understanding, respect and tact
- Exceptional interpersonal skills--must be a team player and work collaboratively
- Knowledge of current trends in educational evaluation and measurement, and child/adolescent theories
- Ability to develop and implement organized educational programs and services
- Demonstrated organization skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks with limited time and manage complex projects on a deadline
- A self-starter with a proven history of delivering results
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced professional environment
- Well-connected to a wide variety of organizations and professionals in the SF Bay Area is a plus
- Commitment to achieving excellent results, and ongoing professional development
Tutor Recruitment, Hiring and Training
- Recruit tutors through online advertising and networking
- Develop tutor recruitment and regional staffing strategy
- Review applications , conduct interviews and reference checks
- Prepare contracts and process new tutors
- Conduct orientation and training of new tutors
- Provide regular progress updates to CEO and COO
· Collaborate with the Director of Education to implement and manage daily student-tutor assignments and case management
- Work directly with tutors to arrange scheduling and logistics for new students
- Manage daily and monthly operations, including client set up, tutors, and student programs
Tutor Management and Evaluation
· Regular check-ins with tutors (phone, e-mail and in person)
· Review tutors' written reports on student progress
· Conduct tutor performance reviews
· Build rapport and camaraderie with corps of tutors
· Organize tutor socials and professional development events
· Provide ongoing training for tutors
- Plan, develop and evaluate educational programs
- Make recommendations to improve programs or offer additional programs
· Provide oversight to staff related to educational policies and procedures
To apply: please send a resume, cover letter, salary history and writing sample to applyEOM@....