School Psychologist - Aspire Pubic Schools - 2009 - 2010 School year (CV-REG))
- Aspire Public Schools is a fast growing, high paced not-for-profit charter school organization. Aspire Public Schools was founded in 1998 to enrich student lives and reshape public school systems. Aspire increases the academic performance of California's diverse K-12 students through personalized learning experiences, and develops outstanding educators to catalyze change in public schools
We're looking for individuals who are:
100% committed to getting all students into college
Organized and able to create a rigorous and respectful learning environment
Comfortable with using student achievement data to guide classroom instruction and continually improve
Resilient, proactive, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
The School Psychologist provides a full range of school psychological services to children grades K-12, including screening and assessment, individual and group counseling, and work with outside agencies as appropriate. Functions as a member of the Individualized Education Plan team to determine student's eligibility for special services, appropriate programming, and on-going progress
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Provide individual and group services to children that emphasize improved educational performance and/or conduct.
2. Screen and evaluate referred children including selecting appropriate instruments, administering tests, observations, and writing reports which state the evaluation findings and provide for educational program recommendations.
3. Participate as a member of the IEP team, contributing evaluation findings and collaborating with all members of the team to develop education plans.
4. Collaborate with school staff around RTI implementation, Student Study Team meetings, and Aspire wide Crisis planning.
5. Consult with parents, teachers, and other staff regarding any accommodations/modifications needed for a specific child.
6. Maintain appropriate data on students, including present levels of performance and intervention strategies.
7. Establish and monitor necessary caseloads, work with schools and other staff to plan assessments and meetings. Submit records, reports, and assignments promptly and efficiently.
8. Supervise Psychology interns as necessary.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
Demonstrated commitment to students and learning
Experience with students grades K-12
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively and interact effectively with different audiences
Excellent organization, time management and follow-up skills; high sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple cases concurrently
Ability to work as a part of a team
Demonstrates ability to adjust to and use new approaches in the performance of his/her duties
Deals with obstacles and constraints positively
2) Minimum educational level:
Bachelor's degree; Masters in education preferred
3) Experience required:
Pupil Personnel Services Credential
School Psychologist Intern also acceptable
How To Apply :
To learn more about our schools and this specific opening, please go to http://careers.aspirepublicschools.org Aspire Public Schools where you can create an online application. To apply for the School Psychologist position at our Stockton Schools be sure to select the school and location prior to your search.