High School Teachers with Leadership Public Schools
- View Source
UrbanCharter High School Teaching Opportunities
Leadership Public Schools
2009 – 2010
Mathematics English ELD
Biology Academic Literacy History
Chemistry Resource Specialist Spanish
Physics College Counselor
Leadership Public Schools' mission is to prepare students to succeed in college and to develop effective student leaders. Our commitment is to take underprepared students who will be the first in their family to attend college and provide them a clear, realistic path to success in college. We offer small schools so that students have more one-on-one time with teachers, along with a four year advisory program in which students take responsibility for their lives and improve their community. LPS operates small, innovative, high-performing public high schools serving educationally and economically disadvantaged urban students.
We are now hiring high school Teachers for the 2009-2010 school year for our schools in Richmond, San Jose, Oakland, and Hayward, CA.
LPS expects all teachers to have a strong background in their subject area, success working with diverse students, thrive in a student-centered classroom, and hold a California credential and CLAD certification. Our talented staff are committed to continuing their own learning and refining their practice to stay current in the field ensuring a quality education for all. We offer weekly collaboration and up to thirteen professional development days each year.
LPS is seeking successful Teachers and Teacher Leaders with:
- Academic expertise and enthusiasm for designated subjects
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Academic Literacy, English, History, Mathematics, or Spanish
- Appropriate CA teaching credential with EL authorization
- Record of effective teaching and high achievement in the classroom
- Experience using assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instruction
- A passion for teaching that provides vital energy to improve the minds and lives of students
- Evidence of professional reflection and collaborative work
- Experience in urban schools
- Experience teaching with varied instructional strategies
- A commitment to both excellence and equity
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt easily
- Willingness to contribute to student activities, instructional office hours, and school committee
- Comfortable with a charter environment including flexible roles
LPS strives to make our schools a rewarding place to work, teach, and learn by actively fostering a professional learning community for staff, students and families that exemplify our values of commitment, respect, responsibility, valuing our students and employees and harnessing the power of our network to create a larger learning community. We operate four schools in Richmond , Oakland , Hayward , and San Jose , CA . Our teachers are members of STRS. For more information about our educational philosophy and our background, we invite you to visit our website at www.leadps.org with links to each school’s website.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff. If you are interested in teaching or one of our other job openings, please send a resume and cover letter to:
or to: Edie Hoffman, VP HR
Leadership Public Schools
2601 Mission Street, #900, San Francisco, CA 94110
Fax: 415-651-9080Learn. Lead. Succeed.