Job Opening: Recruiting Manager, Envision Schools
Envision Schools is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization that develops and sustains small, innovative, high-performing public high schools serving diverse student bodies in the San Francisco Bay Area. Envision Schools aims to quadruple the college graduation rate for our First Generation College Bound students in comparison to peer students in their surrounding school districts. Within three years, Envision Schools has demonstrated excellent academic results.
To support sustained success within our current and future schools, we need to recruit and retain the best teachers and staff that we can find. In this key role, the Recruiting Manager will develop, implement and manage a well-coordinated and effective approach to recruiting a high quality and diverse team of teachers and other staff for Envision Schools' charter high schools. This position will report to the Vice President of Human Resources and will work closely with all levels within schools and the support office, as well as with consultants/vendors.
Oversee and manage the hiring process for Envision Schools including teachers, student support positions, administrators, and substitute teachers. You will:
- Work closely with Human Resources, Instruction, and Student
Support managers, and school administrators to develop year round recruitment
strategies for each school.
- Develop strategies, policies, processes and tools for school site administrators, and the overall organization to support hiring of qualified candidates.
- Foster general alignment of recruitment messages and outreach across the Envision organization.
- Manage candidate relationships from recruitment through application.
- Identify candidate sourcing opportunities; attend fairs, events, or other as identified to increase high quality pool for organization; coordinate support from instructional teams as required.
- Maintain detailed records of status for each candidate, generate recruitment reports on a regular basis for school site, recommend/develop tools to streamline this process
- Perform reference and background checks; and degree verifications. Track metrics related to recruiting (e.g., candidates yielded by each source, time to hire, etc.) to evaluate various strategies and improve hiring efficiency
Credentialing and NCLB compliance oversight:
- Stay current with NCLB,
State, Charter and local credentialing requirements.
- Set and communicate
policy as it relates to meeting credentialing guidelines.
- Ensure new hires are
compliant and provide support and information as needed.
- Audit employee records, identify non-compliance situations, and work with school site team to ensure non-compliance is remedied in a timely manner.
- Work with VP of HR to develop, revise and maintain job
- Work with VP of HR to do new employee orientations and update new
- Ensure substitutes have submitted all required paperwork and are
tracked on shared resource document.
- Provide analyses to ensure hiring strategies are effective and
- Perform other related tasks as required for success in the role.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrates knowledge
of, and support for, Envision's mission, vision, and educational model.
- Demonstrated ability to
identify outstanding teaching and leadership competencies.
- 5-8 years recruiting
experience in a related environment.
- Has current knowledge of
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws,
such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Previous teaching
experience or familiarity with the education industry is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of
recruiting techniques, including sourcing, mining, cold calling, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal
and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate within a
- Ability to speak clearly
and persuasively, both one-on-one and in group settings to a wide range of
- Ability to inspire top
educators to join Envision Schools.
- Ability to work within
set deadlines and adapt easily.
- Comfortable with a
start-up environment - fast growth and changing roles.
- Ability to constantly
evaluate the effectiveness of Envision Schools recruitment campaigns and to
assess how best to allocate recruitment resources.
- Willingness and ability
- Experience with
applicant tracking tools (iRecruiter, Searchlight, etc.) preferable.
- Bachelor's degree; Graduate degree in business, education, HR, or related field preferred.
- Bachelor's degree;
Graduate degree in business, education, HR, or related field preferred.
SALARY and BENEFITS:
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits: Competitive benefits provided including health, sick, vacation, 403(b) retirement plan option, FSA plan option, and long/short-term and life insurance.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to naomi@.... Envision Schools will invite select candidates for interviews. Interviews will continue until the position is filled. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of employment verification and hiring process.
About Envision Schools:
Envision Schools was founded as a 501(c)(3) charter school management organization in 2002 to bring high quality college preparatory education to communities with the greatest need. Although Envision Schools focuses on students who will be the first in their families to attend college, the organization's goal is to send all its students to college. Our schools are true communities marked by intentional diversity, rigorous academic discipline, and excellence at every level, where compassion and high expectations inspire and empower our students. Each Envision school is academically rigorous and integrates art and technology across the curriculum to instill the critical thinking, life experience and creative skills necessary for students to be successful in college and beyond. As such, Envision Schools is a model for public high schools everywhere. Today, Envision Schools operates four schools in the Bay Area two in San Francisco, one in Oakland, and one in Hayward.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
- Work closely with Human Resources, Instruction, and Student Support managers, and school administrators to develop year round recruitment strategies for each school.