Job Opening: Database Architect for Aspire Public Schools
- Thanks for helping us find great candidates! Lynzi Ziegenhagen
Aspire Public Schools is a fast growing, high paced not-for-profit charter school organization. Aspire Public Schools was founded in 1998 to enrich student lives and reshape public school systems. Aspire increases the academic performance of California's diverse K-12 students through personalized learning experiences, and develops outstanding educators to catalyze change in public schools.
The Database Architect will play a critical role in the success of Aspire's technology program to provide better ways for Aspire teammates to access the information they need to take actions that increase student achievement and success. The Architect will serve as a key organizational resource for defining technical requirements, selecting appropriate technology vendors, and developing and maintaining a useful data warehouse and reporting tools. The Database Architect will also be responsible for supporting existing database systems and performing data analysis.
â 3+ years designing and implementing databases in business, education, or nonprofit environment, preferably using Microsoft SQL Server.
â Actively participated in the full life-cycle of web application development (custom or customized), ideally in an agile development environment
â Bachelors degree in computer science or related field
1. Develop, articulate and promulgate an architectural framework to support new data integration and data warehousing efforts
2. Gather technical requirements through interviews and analysis of existing applications and databases, and distill into meaningful deliverables
3. Evaluate technology vendors and products based on business and technical requirements and provide recommendations
4. Work effectively with vendors during implementation and maintenance of data integration, data warehouse, and reporting solutions
5. Maintain and enhance existing database systems
6. Perform data analysis using SQL tools and more complex reporting tools
7. Work collaboratively with project and information technology staff
8. Mentor technical support staff
9. Personify Aspire's values of collaboration, ownership, quality, customer service, and purposefulness; and support the mission and vision of Aspire Public Schools
10. Perform other related duties as required and assigned
â Strong relational database development skills: requirements, architecture, design, implementation, and maintenance.
â Working knowledge of data warehouse concepts, including ETL tools
â Demonstrated knowledge of how to implement appropriate security measures in databases
â Ability to learn new areas of knowledge quickly and thoroughly
â Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organization
â Talent for listening, asking effective questions, and synthesizing technical information into an understandable form
â Proven track record as an efficient team player
â Resilient, proactive, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
How To Apply :
To learn more about our schools and this specific opening, please go to Aspire Public Schools, where you can create an online application.