Job Opening: Revolution Foods (Bay Area)
Job Description for Bay Area General Manager,
Vice President of Revolution Foods
Start date: Summer 2008
About Revolution Foods
Revolution Foods transforms school food service by providing healthy meals, nutrition education, and operational support for schools in California . We provide schools with a comprehensive and robust meal solution that nurtures the bodies and minds of students. Using many natural and organic products from healthy food suppliers such as Whole Foods, our meals are homestyle, kid-friendly, and made with care.
Bay Area General Manager Job Description
Revolution Foods is recruiting a full-time General Manager to lead our Bay Area operations. The General Manager will be a key leader in a dynamic, rapidly growing business led by a socially minded entrepreneurial management team. The General Manager will work alongside the CEO, COO and Executive Chef of Revolution Foods to lead our Bay Area operations including: overseeing all food production and operations, managing customer service and administrative team members, managing facility and operational processes, supporting sales, strategic partnerships and business development, hiring, and retaining team members, and managing the region's financial goals and performance.
- Operations: The General Manager will have ultimate responsibility for Bay Area operations. This includes ensuring that the meals produced and delivered to schools everyday are high quality, safe and consistent with Revolution Foods standards and that all operations and logistics are running in a smooth, safe and efficient manner. The General Manager will work closely with the Executive team and the Bay Area Lead Chef in this capacity.
- Recruiting, Hiring and Managing the Team: The General Manager will have ultimate responsibility for managing and, when appropriate, hiring, the Bay Area team. Direct reports will include Director of Sales and School Accounts, Bay Area Lead Chef, Office and Operations Manager(s), and Delivery Drivers. The General Manager will work alongside the Executive Chef to manage the Bay Area Lead Chef, Kitchen Managers, Prep Chefs, and other production team members.
- P&L Management: The General Manager will be responsible for the financial management and performance of the region. He/she will work alongside the Controller and Executive team to set goals for the region.
- Facility: The General Manager will oversee the upkeep and maintenance of the Bay Area facility (and associated staff) in Alameda/Oakland.
- Sales and Business Development: The General Manager will work alongside the Director of Sales and School Accounts to lead sales and business development in the Bay Area Market. He/she will work with the Executive team and Sales team to set sales goals for the region and will be responsible for managing his/her team on executing on these goals.
- Strategic Partnerships: The General Manager will be responsible for representing Revolution Foods in the public arena. The GM will also manage existing and build new strategic partnerships critical to the success of the business. These partnerships include but are not limited to Charter Management Organizations, school districts, educational partners, and healthy food companies.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter that describes how your experience satisfies the following:
- BA, BS, or equivalent college degree. Masters degree preferred
- 5-10 years of management experience in a high volume business. Senior management in related industry, such as food or education, preferred
- A commitment to and passion for health and education
- Entrepreneurial spirit and experience working in entrepreneurial environments
- Strong background in sales, operations and finance
- Experience hiring and managing a successful team. Proven experience managing a team of 25+ employees
- Proven track record of high performance
- Relevant experience living and working in the San Francisco Bay Area; familiarity with Bay Area market and geography
- Strong analytical skills, P&L management, budgeting and forecasting experience
- Demonstrated creativity, resourcefulness, and good judgment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative with little direction and ability to learn quickly
- Logistics and distribution experience a plus
- Experience and knowledge of food safety or food industry a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines
- Outstanding written and oral communication, strong interpersonal skills
- Flexibility, a sense of humor, and a willingness to jump into any role at a moment's notice
Preferred start date: Summer 2008. Start date may be flexible but not later than July 15, 2008.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Healthcare, dental, and employee stock options provided.
Hours: This is a full-time position. Because we prepare and deliver school lunches every day, we work on an early morning schedule. The General Manager will generally be expected to be in the Bay Area facility from 5:30am 3pm daily.
Email cover letter and resume to jobs@... (Subject line: Bay Area General Manager). Revolution Foods is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and persons of color are encouraged to apply.