please post, thank you
Middle School Head
Children’s Day School (CDS) in San Francisco is looking for an experienced, talented Middle School Head/Senior Administrator. Reporting to the Assistant Head of School, the Middle School Head acts as Dean of Students and programmatic leader of the middle school (60%) and will perform other leadership roles as appropriate in the school, PreK-8 (40%).
Responsibilities (Middle School Head – 60%)
· Meeting regularly with and leading the faculty in the development of the middle school program.
· Articulating middle school programs, expectations, behavioral guidelines, and other information necessary to ensure that all constituencies are fully informed consistent with their individual roles.
· Making recommendations to the Head of School regarding the hiring and retention of middle school faculty.
· Ensuring that the needs of middle school students are being properly met by providing counseling and support to teachers, parents and students when academic, social or emotional concerns arise.
· Creating a framework for the middle school advisory and Selectives programs and supporting the teachers who work in the middle school adviser and Selectives teacher roles.
· Collaborating with the Admissions department to assess prospective middle school students and coordinate new student and family orientation, including incoming 5th grade orientation.
· Designing and facilitating special middle school programming for parents and students.
· Overseeing and managing the middle school budget.
· Performing other duties as assigned by the Assistant Head of School.
· Member of the Leadership Team.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
• Passion for working with middle school students and families.
• Experience with program and curriculum development and commitment to a constructivist, project-based approach to education.
• Ability to take initiative, work passionately and joyfully, and collaborate effectively with diverse constituencies.
• Outstanding time management and organizational skills; ability to work with multiple people on diverse issues simultaneously; ability to generate innovative solutions and strategies to complicated challenges.
• Proven leadership abilities.
• Effective teammate. Great collaborator.
• Ability to have difficult meetings with colleagues, parents, teachers and students compassionately and kindly.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficiency in technology.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a bachelor’s degree, master’s preferred.
• Have at least 5 years teaching middle and elementary grades.
• Have solid experience in a school leadership position.
• Spanish speakers preferred.
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental and vision insurance and a retirement plan.
CDS is a racially and ethnically diverse community and we seek the same in our faculty and staff.
Send resume, cover letter and names of 3 references. E-mail preferred.
Rebecca Kroll, Assistant Head of School
333 Dolores St., San Francisco , CA 94110
Children's Day School
333 Dolores Street, San
Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 861-5432 x 312 (ph)
(415) 861-5419 (fx)