Elementary Teaching Positions 2008-2009
Elementary Teaching Positions in Oakland, CA
(Kindergarten – 5th Grade)
Think College Now! Elementary School
Think College Now (TCN) is a Small School within the Oakland Unified School District founded by David Silver and a group of committed Oakland parents, community members, and educators. The school's vision is to ensure that all TCN students will have the tools to choose their life's path and desired occupation with an equitable opportunity to attend college and pursue their dreams. Next year, our "college prep" public elementary school will continue to serve 250 students (90% of whom are from low-income backgrounds), and their families in grades K-5.
Teaching Positions Available:
- Kindergarten – 5th grade teaching positions
- After-school Academic Intervention Teachers (2nd-5th grades – Part-time)
- Other grades or positions - TBD
We seek diverse teachers who have produced dramatic gains in student achievement and are driven to go above and beyond to meet the needs of all students and their families. We have ambitious goals for our school and a strong culture of collaboration and ongoing professional development.
As a teacher at Think College Now you can expect:
- A staff that is highly collaborative
- A strong parent network that works as partners to support teachers towards school goals
- A community of supportive parents, principal, teachers, and students with common principles, values, and vision
- Students eager to learn, achieve academic success, and attend college
- Paid extra time (i.e., potentially for collaboration, longer day, and/or retreats)
- Stipends for materials and resources
- A classroom & shared office space in the first new school building in Oakland in 30 years
- Skilled intervention specialists to support teachers and students to meet academic goals (i.e., math, reading, after-school)
- Opportunities and support to develop and maintain professional goals
"Working at TCN is amazing because anything I ever dreamed of being possible at a school is getting attended to in some way here. I'm learning about how to deliver curriculum… and getting supported more than I ever could have imagined. It's hard, hard work, but the right work…" (Amanda Feld-Klein, 3rd grade teacher)"
To apply, please submit a cover letter & resume to David Silver: info@...
If possible, please include at least one reference.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis: Positions to be filled as soon as possible.
Priority Deadline: February 15, 2008. Secondary deadline: March 15, 2008.
Think College Now Elementary School
2825 International Blvd.
Oakland, CA 94601