Job Opening: Program Assistant, Recruitment (Los Angeles, CA)
Program Assistant, Recruitment
THE BROAD CENTER FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF SCHOOL SYSTEMS
The mission of The Broad Center for the Management of School Systems is to raise student achievement by recruiting, training and supporting executive leadership talent from across America to become the next generation of urban school district leaders. The Center identifies talented leaders from education, business, the military, nonprofit organizations and government who have the passion, knowledge and skills to take on executive leadership roles in urban education. The Broad Center operates two primary leadership development programs: The Broad Superintendents Academy and The Broad Residency in Urban Education.
The Broad Center is funded by The Broad Foundation (www.broadfoundation.org), an education grant-making organization founded by Eli and Edythe Broad in 1999. More information on The Broad Center and its programs can be found at www.broadcenter.org.
The Program Assistant, Recruitment will be responsible for supporting logistical aspects of recruitment and selection of candidates for The Broad Residency and The Broad Academy. This position is based in Los Angeles , CA .DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support for recruitment activities including processing and distributing resumes and applications, scheduling phone interviews and reference checks, managing written and verbal communication with candidates about the status of their application, preparing mailings, conducting Internet research, etc.
- Coordinate all logistics (travel, meals and lodging, preparation of pre-reading packets and session binders) for the in-person interview days.
- Maintain and update contacts in multiple databases and software systems of prospective, current, and former candidates and nominators.
- Other duties as necessary to ensure program success.
The Center seeks motivated, energetic candidates with experience as a program assistant or executive assistant and a familiarity or interest in public education. Prior experience in a foundation, non-profit, or education organization is a plus. Prior experience in a recruitment-related role is a plus. Successful candidates will be resourceful, flexible, and able to prioritize and manage multiple and shifting tasks simultaneously. An undergraduate degree is required.
Skills must be exemplary in the following areas:
- Administration - Able to provide dependable, accurate and proactive professional administrative support to recruitment staff.
- Communication and Organizational Skills - The position requires excellent writing and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment with leaders in the education community.
- Event Planning Able to plan and coordinate event logistics (including onsite coordination) including travel and accommodations, meeting space, materials and supplies, audio-visual needs and other event details as necessary.
- Professionalism The position requires an ability to manage multiple tasks, strong follow-through, interpersonal skills, discretion and confidentiality.
- Technology - Able to use technology in a productive and efficient way including expert experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Internet research.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Excellent benefits including health, dental and retirement provisions.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume to tbcjobs@.... Employment is contingent on a writing sample and a satisfactory background check.
The Broad Center
10900 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles , CA 90024
Fax: (310) 954-5081
You will receive an acknowledgment upon receipt of your email. We will only contact applicants chosen for further consideration.
The Broad Center engages employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic covered by law. All who believe they meet the stated qualifications are invited to apply. The Broad Center is an equal opportunity employer.