Job Opening: Business Analyst at Achievement First (New York)
Business Analyst - Achievement First Information System
Location: Brooklyn , New York
Reports to: Harris Ferrell , President Interim Assessment Platform
About Achievement First
Achievement First is a charter school management organization started in July 2003 by the leaders of Amistad Academy , a high-performing public charter school in New Haven , CT. A non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, Achievement First aims to bring to scale the dramatic, life-changing student achievement results produced at Amistad by creating a school system of achievement-gap closing public schools in New York , Connecticut , and other high-poverty cities in the Northeast.
Achievement First currently operates twelve schools under six charters in New Haven , CT and Brooklyn , NY . Beyond our students and schools, Achievement First is an engaged and prominent partner in the larger conversation about how to improve public education and student achievement more broadly.
The business analyst will be part of a new team that is launching a division for Achievement First to develop, support, and distribute its proprietary software application the Achievement First Interim Assessment Platform (IA Platform).
The IA Platform is a web-based application that streamlines many of the time-intensive activities that Achievement First teachers and principals undertake in the process of administering, scoring, and analyzing the interim assessments given to all Achievement First students every six weeks.
The IA Platform:
· Improves the ability of teachers and principals to analyze their student performance data and plan future instruction based on the timely results from the interim assessments
· Consists of online editing tools to create the interim assessments, scanning technology to process and score the assessments, on-demand reports to analyze student performance, and online instructional planning tools for teachers to map out their instructional strategies prior to the next interim assessment
· Undergoes continual product development to enhance its features and functionality.
The business analyst will be responsible for the rollout and development of the IA Platform and for the larger business planning and financial modeling required to launch the new Achievement First division that will distribute and license the IA Platform to other schools and charter organizations.
The business analyst will be a key member of this new team and will report to the president of the IA Platform division. The business analyst will gain meaningful operational experience launching a growing a new business venture with increasing responsibilities according to his/her abilities.
Qualified applicants will have demonstrated experience working in an entrepreneurial environment, possess outstanding oral and written communication skills, be quantitatively adept, and share a passion for launching a new business operation that will have a tremendous impact on providing an outstanding education in our highest need communities.
Specific job responsibilities will include:
· Capture user feedback on the IA Platform and distill the feedback into feature and functional requirements for new and ongoing product development
· Build systems and processes to grow and support an increasing user-base
· Perform data analysis on student performance to assess efficacy of IA Platform and performance of Achievement First schools
· Create training documentation and user guides
· Lead and support user training and new-product/version rollouts
· Manage complex rollout and implementations of new installations at partner organizations
· Conduct market and competitive research to inform product development priorities and how best to position the IA Platform in the marketplace
· Create detailed financial models to analyze different pricing and revenue scenarios and determine capital investment requirements
· Research potential business partners to understand their needs and potential fit for the IA Platform
· Create marketing communication materials to educate the broader educational community about the IA Platform and its benefits
· 2+ years in an analyst program from a management consulting firm / investment bank (or commensurate experience)
· Strong quantitative skills able to performance detailed data analysis and financial modeling
· Excellent project management capabilities able to manage multi-faceted projects with complex deliverables and meet aggressive deadlines
· Focus on outcomes a self-starter and creative problem solver who looks for solutions
· Superior written and oral communication skills
· A demonstrated team player
· Educational experience a plus
· Bachelors degree required
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Interested and qualified applications should email a resume and cover letter to:
In the cover letter, please describe an experience where you managed a complex project. Include details about what the outcomes of that project were and what you specifically did to ensure the project was a success.
We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis.