4370Job Opening: Director of English and Language Arts Instruction at LEAD Public Schools in Nashville, TN
- Apr 24, 2014
JOB TITLE: Director of English and Language Arts Instruction
REPORTS TO: Chief Academic Officer
JOB GOAL: The Director of English and Language Arts Instruction will drive outstanding academic results across the LEAD Public Schools Network by providing guidance and support to campus level instructional leadership and improving the quality and rigor of instruction of ELA staff. Primary responsibilities include direct coaching to campus level teachers and site level collaboration with School Directors and Deans of Instruction. Additionally, the Director of English and Language Arts Instruction will be responsible for network-wide leadership on issues of ELA curriculum, assessment, instruction, and staff development, and as such, is accountable for network-level performance measures such as NWEA growth, TCAP proficiency rates, and value-added scores.
- At least five years of exemplary teaching experience and three years previous instructional leadership experience required. Experience in coaching teachers required; experience in coaching leaders preferred.
- Background in education and academic leadership focusing in ELA instruction
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited educational institution. Master's degree from an accredited educational institution preferred.
Other Qualifications or Characteristics:
- Ability to build trust and drive change by forming good relationships with staff.
- Belief in LEAD’s mission of doing “Whatever It Takes” to graduate 100% of our students and help them gain acceptance into a four-year College or University
MAJOR PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Instructional Coaching and Development of ELA Staff
· Provide extensive coaching to ELA teachers across five campuses at the Middle and High School level.
· Work with school teams to provide targeted support to teachers, department chairs, and ELA content teams.
· Conference with ELA teachers about instructional planning and assessment as identified by Deans of Instruction and School Directors at the building level.
· Assist in planning and delivering of professional development at the network professional development days.
· Provide support and guidance to Deans of Instruction and teachers to strengthen instruction across LEAD campuses.
· Provide leadership in ELA curriculum development and academic transitions at the network level.
· Assist in and provide input to determine strategic objectives for LEAD Public Schools as they relate to the ELA Curricular areas.
· Provide leadership as a member of a collaborative network level team to ensure that curriculum and instructional initiatives are student focused and aligned with the network’s mission, beliefs, goals, and improvement plans.
· Serve on network academic team responsible for designing professional development and teacher development.
· Provide support to network academic team on teacher development, teacher evaluation systems, and teacher growth plans.
· Provide support and leadership in managing effective data analysis models for evaluating academic performance and growth measures.
· Provide data analysis support for various data models used for measuring academic performance.
· Coach schools in using assessment data and data models to improve the quality and scope of their instruction.
This is a full-time position. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and includes full benefits, technology provisions and mileage reimbursement.
To apply, please complete an online application through Applitrack at http://www.applitrack.com/leadacademy/onlineapp/default.aspx?all=1.
No phone calls please.--