4366Job Posting: Bay Area National Development Manager - BUILD
- Apr 15 1:51 PMHello!BUILD is seeking a Development Manager for our Bay Area region. Please see the job posting and link to apply below.Organization Profile:Founded in 1999, BUILD’s mission is to use entrepreneurship to excite and propel disengaged, low-income students through high school to college and career success. We believe that the power of student ideas in action drives youth to reach their fullest potential in school and beyond. Our four-year high school program offers a unique blend of entrepreneurship, academics, and personal support that attracts and motivates many students who are otherwise at high risk of failing classes and dropping out of high school and not pursuing post-secondary education.Our students develop their own business ideas, write business plans, pitch to funders, and launch real businesses. This real-world business experience makes school relevant and motivates them to succeed. To help them become college-eligible, students may also receive individualized academic support and advising for their school-work and college planning.BUILD currently serves over 1,100 high school students at programs located in the San Francisco Bay Area; Washington, DC; and Boston, MA. We are embarking on an ambitious national expansion over the next five to ten years that will see us operating programs in at least a dozen cities reaching thousands more students each year.BUILD is made up of a diverse, results driven and passionate team, better known as “BUILDers”, who work tirelessly for the students we serve. We work in a collaborative environment where perseverance, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit are encouraged and celebrated. For more information, see: www.build.org.Position Summary:Reporting to the Regional Executive Director, the Regional Development Manager (RDM) is responsible for implementing the Bay Area Region’s annual and long-range strategies for securing gifts from a variety of sources, including foundations, corporations, individuals and events. The RDM will be the hub of the Bay Area Region’s development efforts, charged with keeping fundraising operations running smoothly and efficiently, and managing the two RDAs. The RDM will have an initial, individual annual goal of $400K, building relationships with new donors and cultivating relationships with existing donors to inspire support from a diverse range of constituent groups in order to ensure and maintain the success of BUILD’s Bay Area fundraising strategy. Successful candidates will demonstrate key competencies, such as written communication, customer service, and performance management - through a combination of previous education and work experience. Our region serves a student population made up of students from underserved and under resourced communities.Candidate Requirements:
· Familiarity with the philanthropic and broader donor communities in the Bay Area.· Strong commitment to youth and education.Position Details:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- At least 4 years of experience working in a development/fundraising department, and demonstrated success in cultivating, soliciting and closing gifts from a variety of constituents.
Compensation:BUILD offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. This includes comprehensive health benefits, a retirement plan with employer match, a generous paid time off program, and performance bonuses.Application Instructions:To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to BUILD- Bay Area Regional Development Manager (Redwood City, CA). Please be advised that you will receive an automated acknowledgement of your application. We will only contact applicants who are selected for an interview. BUILD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.Thanks,Lauren CooleyManager of Human Capital
- Location: Redwood City, CA
- Travel: Occasional local travel is required; additional evening and weekend hours are also required to fulfill the duties of this position.
- This is a full time, permanent, exempt position.
- Relocation is not available for this role.