4361Job Opening: FOUNDING PRINCIPAL FOR THE 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR
- Apr 22 1:02 AMDo you want to help launch a new school? Are you interested in preparing students to be the innovators and leaders of tomorrow? Do you believe that we can evolve schools to be 21st century centers of learning?East Bay Innovation Academy is seeking an innovative Principal to help launch our school. We plan to open in Fall of 2014.East Bay Innovation Academy is a 6-12 college preparatory public charter school in Oakland, CA with a mission of preparing a diverse group of students to be successful in college and to be thoughtful, engaged citizens who are leaders and innovators in a 21st century global world. Through personalization and project-based learning, and leveraging best practices in curriculum design and technology, EBIA will engage students in 21st Century work, using competencies necessary for productive lives as citizens in a dynamic, increasingly competitive global world. We have a collaborative, multi-disciplinary model that incorporates technology, blended learning, social-emotional learning, service learning and data driven instruction. We hope to serve a truly diverse background of students, representing the racial, cultural, and socio-economic demographics in the surrounding area.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES· Be the instructional leader: implement innovative instructional vision and goals and align teacher development to the goals, including integrating blended/personalized learning, project based learning, design thinking, data driven instruction and service learning in a cohesive and clearly defined manner.· Ensure that the school’s technology, curriculum, programs, teacher practice, instructional materials and tools are aligned to the instructional mission and goals are continually reflective, innovative, and evolving, including working with teachers to pilot and choose educational technology.· Work collaboratively with the leadership team to launch the school: manage and execute on a detailed start-up plan to ensure the school opens fully prepared and fully stocked.· Implement the advisory program which cultivates social-emotional learning to create 21st century learners and innovators.· Be responsible for school safety and discipline.· Co-lead faculty and student intersession.· Lead school policy creation, including: parent, faculty, and student handbooks.· Be responsible for all academic testing: state and national.· Develop a shared leadership model, empowering all staff to take an active role in moving the school forward.· Understand, promote and support the mission, vision and guiding principles of EBIA.· Build a culture of high expectations: demonstrate excitement about learning and excitement about engaging children in learning.· Perform other duties as required by the Executive Director.QUALIFICATIONSRequired· Bachelor’s degree
· Highly proficient in using technology and interested in the potential of technology to impact urban education.· A strong belief that all students can learn at the highest levels and that all students can be successful in college.· Highly organized, resourceful, and self-starter. Ability to problem solve, prioritize, and multi-task.· Excellent communication skills; you will be communicating with parents, faculty, students and other community members.· Flexibility and adaptability to change; ability to work in a dynamic, creative and demanding learning environment.Preferred· Working knowledge of another language.· Valid Administrative/School leader credential and/or Master’s degree in education or school leadershipWe are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff. Please send a resume and compelling letter of interest via email to jobs@.... Thank you for your interest in this position.
- Proven track-record of success with a minimum of 3 years work experience in school leadership, preferably in start-up organizations or charter schools.
- Minimum of three years teaching experience, with a proven record of high student achievement.
- Demonstrated proficiency in implementing successful data driven instruction and a data driven culture.
- Knowledge of project based learning, social-emotional learning, competency based learning, and blended/optimized learning.
- Proven ability to create and model a culture of academic rigor for students and staff, a sense of urgency to address student needs.