4165Job Opening: Immediate Opening Teacher @ Rocketship
- Dec 11, 2013Rocketship Education has an immediate opening for an elementary school teacher:
Rocketship Education (www.rsed.org) is a network of public K through 5 charter schools serving primarily low-income students in neighborhoods where access to excellent schools is limited. Using a blend of traditional instruction, adaptive technology and targeted tutoring, Rocketship strives to meet the unique needs of each and every student. But we believe that truly transformative schools do more than educate students; they empower teachers, engage parents and inspire communities. Together, we can eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetime.
Rocketship is based in San Jose, but we realize the achievement gap stretches across the nation. We're opening new schools every year to help reach the millions of students striving in underperforming schools every day.
Teachers at Rocketship are the critical levers in a Rocketeer’s academic and community success. They are the individuals that are entrusted with the academic futures of the Rocketeers and are responsible for ensuring that they achieve at or beyond grade level. Rocketship teachers maintain high expectations of themselves and of Rocketeers, are organized and prepared to teach, and treat all students, families, and colleagues with respect.
This position will be a school-based role in the designated region. Each Rocketship school is supported by a Regional Support Office, which is a division of the National Team.
· Responsible for being organized and prepared to teach 6 to 7 hours daily
· Responsible for working with colleagues to ensure daily instructional curriculum meets the State teaching standards and is in accordance with the RSED philosophy; includes engaging and challenging units of study and homework packets
· Responsible for preparing lesson plans for substitutes on days that you are absent
· Responsible for attending all professional development meetings and opportunities that may exceed the regular school day hours
· Responsible for attending all Exhibition Nights (2 times a year) and preparing student work and presentations for this evening as well
· Expected to be present on campus from 7:45 a.m. to 3:50 p.m. daily
· Responsible for maintaining all safety rules and expectations throughout the campus
· Conduct yourself with professionalism (action & dress) with students, teachers, administrators, volunteers, and parents
· Fulfill all duties as described in the RSED Employee Handbook
· Responsible for ensuring daily instructional curriculum not only meets the State teaching standards but also is in accordance with the RSED philosophy
· Responsible for ensuring that all assessments are administered and graded in a timely manner; data is maintained and accessible to staff and parents; analyzing results with staff, parents, and students; and making adjustments to instructions as needed
· Responsible for completing quarterly report cards and student cum files; conducting parent conferences 3 times a year
· Responsible for writing, implementing, and updating Individual Learning Plans (ILP) for students identified as needing extra support
Parents and Community
· Responsible for working with parents during the school day and in other school events to build a good working relationship with each family
· Responsible for conducting home visits with designated number of students
· Responsible for ensuring that 70% of the homeroom families attend the community meetings
· Responsible for attending special education meetings with parents and other RSED staff
· Responsible for ensuring that all IEP’s and 504 plans are followed and implemented according to each need and child in their classroom
· Bachelor’s degree
· Valid teacher’s credential for state where you are teaching, be in the process of receiving one, or have the ability to transfer an out-of-state credential to current state
· Flexible – we will do what it takes to ensure that all our Rocketeers succeed!
· At least one year of full time teaching experience (not including student or substitute teaching) preferred
How to Apply
To submit your resume, cover letter and other materials, please go to the following link: http://www.rsed.org/
Rocketship Education provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Education complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Rocketship Education expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Education’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.