4163Job Opening: SFUSD is Urgently Hiring Substitutes!
- Dec 13, 2013
SFUSD is currently experiencing a shortage of substitutes resulting in coverage issues in many of our schools. We need your service as a committed and flexible substitute teacher to ensure that our students receive quality instruction each and every day.
- Application Process for Substitute Teachers -
Please see general information below. Contact Rachel Troutman at (415) 241-6101 or teach@...
· Be flexible and available for substitute assignments, especially on Mondays and Fridays
· Be willing to work at ALL schools (all grade levels and subject areas)
· Substitute a minimum of 2 days per week (36 days per year) to fulfill contract agreement
SFUSD Application for Employment
· Complete an online SFUSD application at www.sfusd.edu/jobs (*please note all applications are screened and you will receive notification of approval within 2 weeks of submission)
· Current California Teaching Credential, California Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit, or Out-of-State Teaching Credential
o NOTE: We are seeking subs in all areas but have particular needs for candidates with credentials or expertise in:
§ Math and Science: Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics
§ Special Education: Education Specialist Credential
§ Bilingual Education: Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, Filipino, Japanese fluency
· 30-Day Substitute Permit
- To obtain: http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/how-to-apply.html
Note: If you have a permit or credential application that is pending with the CCTC, please contact us for assistance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· The substitute is responsible for the full schedule of the regular teacher. This includes the classroom day, study halls, yard duty and any special duties performed by the absent teacher.
· The substitute is expected to implement the lesson plans for the class to which they are assigned, correct classroom assignments and homework received, as time permits.
· Maintain normal classroom routines and discipline procedures. The responsible administrator should be contacted in case a serious discipline problem arises.
· Leave adequate notes regarding what was accomplished in class, a description of problems that may have occurred and resolutions to said problems, a lesson plan for the next day if applicable and any other information that may be required by an administrator.
Contact: Contact Rachel Troutman at (415) 241-6101 or teach@...
Human Capital Specialist
SFUSD Human Resources
555 Franklin Street, 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94102
T: (415)-241-6101 x3282, F: (415) 241-6147