4141Jon Opening: Girls Inc. of Alameda County - Girls Resource Center Program Leader
- Dec 6, 2013
Girls Inc. of Alameda County - Girls Resource Center Program Leader (1 Part-Time Position Available)
Regular Part-time 20 Hours per Week during School Year - 30 hours/week during
Summer for 4-6 weeks
SALARY: $15.23/hour; Non-benefitted position
SCHEDULE: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday - 2pm-6:30pm; Wednesday – 12pm-6:30pm
REPORTS TO: Fitness Coordinator
START DATE: This position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
Founded over 50 years ago, Girls Inc. of Alameda County delivers life-changing programs that inspire girls to be strong, smart, and bold. Research-based curricula, delivered by trained professionals, equip girls to achieve academically; lead healthy and physically active lives; manage money; navigate media messages; and discover an interest in science, technology, engineering, and math. Girls Inc. of Alameda County is an independent affiliate of the national Girls Inc., the nation’s leading expert on issues affecting girls and young women. Girls Inc. programs are offered at school and community sites throughout Alameda County. We work with close to 7,000 girls and families annually.
In July 2013, we opened our new Girls Resource Center in downtown Oakland, a state of the art facility where girls can participate in afterschool and summer programs to create bold futures and expand their sense of what is possible. The Girls Resource Center is equipped with a new fitness center, yoga studio, teaching kitchen, well designed and spacious rooms for program delivery. The Program Leader develops and facilitates new programs in the Girls Resource Center in the areas of nutrition and fitness, leadership development, creative writing and academic assistance.
· Develop new lessons and facilitate activities focused on developing culinary skills, nutrition, fitness, creative writing, and community action for middle and high school girls.
· Provide academic support for middle and high school girls.
· Collaborate with community partners to supplement program activities for girls to develop their healthy attitudes and behaviors related to nutrition and fitness, writing and leadership skills.
· Assist with administrative tasks as needed for Girls Resource Center Programs including recruitment, orientations, materials organization, and lesson plan preparation.
· Assist Fitness Coordinator with administrative duties including entering program participants into agency database.
· Help to maintain a clean, safe and functional program space by cleaning and checking equipment regularly.
· Maintain communications with Fitness Coordinator (in person, voicemail, during weekly meetings).
· Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum of 2 years experience facilitating for middle or high school youth. Enthusiasm for working with middle school and high school girls.
· Experience facilitating programs in culinary skills, nutrition, fitness, creative writing and/or community action.
· Position requires flexibility, creativity, organization, positive energy and passion for inspiring girls to be strong, smart, and bold.
· Ability to develop and facilitate activities with groups of 10-20 girls in grades 6 through 12.
· Effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills that follow youth development principles.
· Experience working with diverse communities.
· Ability to set up space for girls that challenges gender stereotypes and is LGBTQ-inclusive.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to implement tasks and activities independently.
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines consistently, timely and reliable.
· Ability to receive and provide feedback in a constructive way.
· Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office preferred.
· A valid California Drivers License, access to a reliable vehicle and proof of automobile liability insurance with minimum policy requirements established by Girls Inc.
· Background clearance from the Department of Justice.
· Requires a minimum commitment of one school year.
· Ability to bend, lift, move up to 40 lbs.
· High School Diploma required. Associates Degree or some college degree preferred in health, fitness, education or psychology or related field.
Only those applications that include a resume, cover letter with salary history/requirements and three professional references, will be considered.
APPLY ONLINE: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=7110441
No Phone Calls Please.
Girls Inc. of Alameda County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer