4138Job Opening: Teaching Channel, Engagement Manager
- Dec 3, 2013
Transforming the world of education
Teaching Channel is on a mission to revolutionize the way teachers learn and collaborate. We are a non-profit organization led by a team of visionaries and leaders in education, technology and media. Our industry-leading online learning solution offers teachers and educators a collaborative learning space for transformative professional development. We’ve created a showcase of effective and inspiring videos, featuring exemplar teachers modeling in real classrooms while leveraging the power of social media so teachers across the nation can easily connect, learn, share, and ultimately empower P-12 students with the knowledge and skills they need to excel and thrive.
We are teacher-centric and deeply passionate about supporting constant learning and growth. We believe what we do should be inspiring, rewarding and serve our community. We value each member of our team and support a healthy work-life balance to ensure we are all inspired and empowered to be, and give, our best every day. We strive for a collaborative, creative, and fun work environment based on honest communication, human kindness, mutual respect, and openness. If this speaks to you, we would love to hear from you.
About this opportunity
Engagement Managers play a pivotal role in customer success, serving as key members of the customer support team guiding deep engagement on Teaching Channel Teams. Engagement Managers work directly with educators to adapt the Teams technology platform to the unique needs of districts and schools, ensuring customers are meeting their professional learning goals. Engagement Managers also play a pivotal role in shaping professional services and product development at Teaching Channel.
- Deliver web-based and face-to-face product training for teachers and district leaders
- Work with district and state professional development teams and lead educators to determine realistic success metrics for scalable growth; determine the engagement strategy and launch approaches to reach these goals
- Design key tools and curate content assets that support customer engagement strategies
- Provide guidance and consult on ways to scale video creation and adoption as an essential professional learning tool
- Coach key leaders and teacher leaders in platform proficiency and how to lead online learning
- Record, build, and share best practices in engagement to an ongoing library for success across all Teams customers
- Lead or serve as a member of key engagement initiatives, such as customer newsletters or coaching blogs, product development or mission critical projects within the Education Team
- Assist in the creation of professional services offering growth plans consistent with Teaching Channel's brand
- Tremendous people skills with a keen ability to listen
- Capable of keeping an ear to the ground to ensure the client’s opinions and concerns about engagement are addressed in a timely manner
- Experience designing and leading professional development and/or coaching online learning
- Interest and ability in creating top notch, brand-consistent professional development and coaching sessions, including tools, face-to-face and online experiences
- Knowledge of the education sector and issues in teacher professional development and adult learning
- Strong communication and presentation skills to facilitate training and adoption of new education technology and approaches to PD (e.g., building online professional development communities)
- Ability to translate complexity in simple, straight-forward ways
- Highly collaborative yet self-sufficient
- Tech-savvy, capable of providing webinar assistance, and interest in working on a technology product
- Strong ability to work across reporting lines to address customer engagement needs
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity to work with a great team and take your career to the next level.
- A competitive compensation package.
- A highly collaborative, creative yet autonomous work environment.
- Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision Care Coverage, 125 Cafeteria / Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Employee Assistance Program, Supplemental Life Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan.
Teaching Channel is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. Teaching Channel provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
Please send an email and include your resume and cover letter to jobs@.... Include the title of the position you are seeking in the subject line. We will respond to all qualified candidates; no phone calls please.