4133Job Opening: BrightBytes Senior Educational Leader
- Nov 26, 2013
BrightBytes (BB), one of the fastest growing education startups in the U.S., improves learning for millions of students around the world with a groundbreaking online data analytics platform, Clarity for Schools. Used by thousands of K-12 campuses throughout the U.S., Clarity was recently awarded an Education Software Review Award (EDDIE) for best district-wide resource website. At the heart of this strongly mission-driven company are (1) talented educators who care deeply about students, (2) gifted Silicon Valley experts building the next generation data platform, and (3) world-class data scientists working in BrightBytes Labs to improve student achievement.
About the Founders
Rob Mancabelli, co-founder and CEO, is a recognized education thought leader. He’s the co-author with Will Richardson of the award-winning book, Personal Learning Networks. Hisham Anwar, co-founder and CTO, is an experienced Silicon Valley enterprise technologist who most recently was the head of global technology infrastructure at Zynga Games. Other members of the team include published authors, Ivy-League data scientists, TED-talk speakers, world-class researchers and inspirational education leaders.
About the Position
The organization is seeking a Senior Educational Leader to work in the San Francisco office, a fast-paced, fun, entrepreneurial environment. This person will be a leader in establishing and maintaining thriving relationships with schools and school organizations on behalf of BrightBytes products and service offerings. S/he will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will work with members of teams across the company, supporting efforts to understand and serve BrightBytes’ customers. The ideal candidate for this role will have substantial leadership experience in a school system as a building leader, senior manager, district cabinet member, and/or Superintendent. Excited by the challenge of working daily to reach out to and foster strong relationships with BrightBytes’ school partners, s/he will be skillful in marrying their real-world education expertise with the dynamic demands of a start-up technology environment.
Senior Educational Leader Responsibilities
The Senior Educational Leader will embrace a variety of roles at BrightBytes based on his/her experience, skills, and interests including but not limited to the following:
• Serving as a representative of BrightBytes and industry thought leader by speaking at educational technology conferences and other venues;
Meeting with teams of educators at their local, regional, and state convenings;
• Writing about educational technology using social media and web 2.0 tools;
• Leading conversations with educators to discuss their teaching and learning needs, discovering their greatest challenges to achieving desired student achievement outcomes;
• Explaining to educators the Clarity platform through the use of online demos, webinars, and other interactions.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Educational technology professional and/or educational leader with evidence of leading and supporting technology for learning;
• Mission-driven educator with instructional leadership experience and a passion for improving student learning worldwide;
Engaging, dynamic speaker comfortable speaking in front of audiences of all sizes;
• Effectively leads professional development sessions and trainings with educators;
• Expert writing skills, particularly in a style appropriate for online audiences;
• Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to actively listen and show genuinely curiosity about helping schools address their education challenges;
• Acts effectively, consistently delivers results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
• Fun, energetic, and collaborative team player who feeds off goal setting and achievement;
• Independent and entrepreneurial, with the ability to be creative and innovative in solving challenging problems;
• Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree in Education, Business or other related degree preferred.
This opportunity is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience. A competitive benefits package is included.
Please submit your resume and thoughtful cover letter to Gayle Allen, Chief Learning Officer, at info@.... For more information, please contact Christina Legg Greenberg at Redwood Circle Consulting (510.575.9635 or info@...).