4126Job Opening: Middle & High School Teachers (2014-15) at LEAD Public Schools in Nashville, TN
- Nov 19 2:54 PM
JOB TITLE: TEACHER
REPORTS TO: SCHOOL DIRECTOR
LEAD Public Schools seeks Teachers who possess an unwavering belief that all students can achieve at high levels and a strong commitment to doing “Whatever It Takes” to graduate 100% of our students and send them to a four-year college or university.
Nashville is currently undergoing a rapid educational transformation and LEAD is proud to be part of that growth. In May 2014, LEAD will graduate the first class of seniors from a charter school in the city. LEAD is committed to innovative partnerships, including opening Cameron College Prep, the first “conversion” charter school in the state of Tennessee, as well as opening Brick Church College Prep, the first Achievement School District school in Nashville. LEAD operates both "fresh start" charter schools with open enrollment and "zoned-enrollment" charter schools serving distinct neighborhoods. From 5th through 12th grades, our schools serve predominately minority and low-income populations who are likely to be first generation college attendees. LEAD Public Schools is the largest charter management organization in Nashville and continues to grow by roughly 30% each year.
Staff at LEAD are professional educators. Through ongoing professional development, LEAD staff members are supported in engaging in active pedagogy practices. LEAD Public Schools provides the systems and support for staff to work hard, work smart, and manage their time effectively – all in the service of fulfilling our commitment to our students.
Each day, LEAD Public Schools teachers support students to reach deep and substantial understandings in a differentiated and personalized environment. LEAD teachers collaborate widely with their colleagues in other subjects and grades to create innovative experiences that are vital for LEAD students to be successful in their academic endeavors and in life.
MAJOR PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Coordinate and deliver best practice instructional strategies in line with TEAM expectations
- Incorporate Common Core practice, content, and fluency standards with the remaining TN state standards
- Implement a balanced approach to daily lesson planning that allows students to know and use academic skills
- Routinely utilize novel approaches to instruction, including use of technology
- Participate in collaborative learning with other faculty members, including providing professional development or training to other staff members during campus level and network level professional development as needed
- Participate in grade level team meetings and planning across content areas
- Participate in department meetings to develop vertical school-wide strategies
- Collaborate with grade level members to support student progress monitoring, grade level initiatives, and grade level culture components
STUDENT AND FAMILY CULTURE
- Uphold the LEAD Ethos in service of fostering a school culture of respect, responsibility, and engagement in learning
- Engage families in participating in student success by making personal contact with families and participating in open house nights
- Serve as a member of the school team by participating in the smooth day to day operations of the school, including student arrival, dismissal, lunch, recess, and other functions
- Cement our commitment to college preparation by supervising local and out-of-state overnight or weekend college and academic trips as needed
- Minimum of two years teaching experience preferred, but not required
- Previous experience with diverse student populations or in an urban setting preferred
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Tennessee State Certification or enrollment in a program to obtain Tennessee State
Other Qualifications or Characteristics:
- Belief in the LEAD mission of developing responsible citizens who will graduate and be accepted to a Four-Year College or University
- Willingness to do "Whatever It Takes" to fulfill the LEAD Mission
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
- Evidence of knowledge of Common Core Standards and best practice instructional strategies
To apply, please complete an online application through Applitrack at: http://www.applitrack.com/leadacademy/onlineapp/default.aspx?all=1.
No phone calls please.--